mdldecompiler crashes after a few changes

I’m now learning how to decompile models for TF2, and I had a slight problem I ran into. I’ve been using the most recent version of mdldecompiler which is the 0.5 version. I put everything in the right folder and extracted all the mdl files from TF2 content using GCFscape.

The 1st problem was when I went to choose a model I got an error that said:
"extra app Id set to 211, but no SteamAppId."

I did some searching on the internet on how to fix that and luckily I found a solution, and all I had to do was search for my gameinfo.txt in each game folder I had in my steam account folder and simply change
"ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

to

//ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

And so I added the slashes and tried to start mdldecompiler one more time to see if it would work this time. And so I clicked the “…” button or whatever and it didn’t give me an error so I thought “YAY! it worked!” well no, that’s not what happened it took 5 seconds or so, and it popped up a message saying "Half Life2 MDL Decompiler has stopped working."

Does anyone have a solution for me? I could really use some help!
THANKS!!!

No one knows?

Does the error come up while you’re decompiling, or at random? If it’s during decompile of an Orangebox model, that’s an easy solution…

First of all, make sure that MDLDECOMPILER.EXE is in your EP1 SDK Bin folder, otherwise you’re gonna have issues.

Second, the model that you want to decompile, you need all of it’s files to decompile it, not just the .MDL

Third and final, edit the MDL file with notepad and change it from “IDST1” to “IDST,” (You can’t miss it, it’s the first bit of text on the first line)

Now decompile. If you still have problems, post with a little more detail in terms of exactly what you’re doing.