"Memory could not be "read"" error

hey, i was playing gmod like normal for about 6 months, but then it started freezing every 2-5 minutes. after 30-120 seconds, it would return to normal. this seems to happen in all my source games, now.

but that’s not my main rpoblem anymore! now sometimes when it freezes, i get some error, that i can only remember one part of: " memory could not be “read” " can someone tell me how to stop the crashing without reinstalling gmod?

specs (i think, never checked/typed my specs before. :P) :

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 4600+
2.40 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

i think that’s how i should type it. as stated before, never checked/typed specs before.

I have had this problem with games myself alot, it usually depends on the software (Atleast when I had it.), sometimes it’s the machine, sometimes it’s the game itself. I’m guessing you’re using mods/addons. It could be caused by one of those, sure has happened to me because of it a few times. My suggestion is to move/uninstall the mods and see if it works again, and gradually move them back untill you find the mod causing the problem.

Even though it may be caused by something else, but it helped me atleast when it occured to me.

It could also be that you only have 1GB.
Garry’s Mod is resource hungry, so I suggest 2GB +.