Memory leak, Software or mutiplay?

Sup Richard,

To combat the RAM usage issue we’ve increased the dynamic ram allocation for each user connected to the server,
This will not stop servers tripping their RAM allocation as there is a memory leak with the server software, although this should allow for more overhead for the servers to leak in to when a high density server is fuller.
At this time we don’t believe that resetting your userdata and world saves will help.

If you have any questions we will be more than happy to answer, please feel free to contact via any support method.

Regards,

Jack Wass

What do you guys think?

This is the first that I’ve heard of this issue.
Frankly I think multiplay is full of it lol

Well average ram is about 1,4gb, trips the server just above 1.5gb. Then restarts :frowning: I think a rant is coming on :slight_smile:

My HFB server only uses 900MB pretty much all the time.

What is your average player, heard good and bad things about HFB?

Might have to move

Usually we sit at around 20-30 players, less as of the last couple days.
Even so, when we were maxed at 50 players I don’t think it ever got far over 1GB.
I’ve definitely not noticed any memory leak issues.

Well our average is 100+ on a 150 slot server, Could it be mutiplay not allowing enough ram then?

I’m not sure, but if that is the case then they are likely overselling their hardware.
Multiplay should have a very very good idea of the resources required for a server. If someone pays for a 200 slot server, they really should give you enough resources to have 210 people playing… there should always be some wiggle room.

I think multiplay is full of shit too, I’m going to switch providers they just keep blaming this on the game. Multiplay just says “It’s a memory leak in the game, you have to wipe every few days, sorry.”