Menu Music

So I’m not entirely sure if this is the right place for this, but I thought I’d make some music for the start up screen of Gmod.I can’t install it at the moment but I’m sure it’ll fit well.

What I did was take a song that I felt fit the simplicity and fun of Gmod, and stuck it in the background of some Half-Life 2 sounds.

I think it came out okay, let me know what you think.

Also if this is in the wrong place, let me know or just move it for me, I’ll keep a lookout next time…

Anyway, you can check it out here:

Let me know what you guys think.

Also, no, I didn’t record myself playing and running around, I actually stacked all the sound files together and spaced them apart and layered them in Vegas, so I took some care into making this sound nice.

This might fit in the Music or Creationism Corner sub forums but this IS related to GMod so it should be fine.

I quite like this tune, it’s happy and nicely portrays the friendly aspect of Garry’s Mod. :buddy:

Thanks, I’ll see what they think over there.

Kinda happy music :3:
Fits to gmod pretty well.

Yes that is nice, I don’t like that dialog in it though in the beginning.

[editline]12:58PM[/editline]

Oh, it’s a citizen talking? I’ll overlook it. You made this?

It is a citizen talking, yes. It’s all HL2 sound files. And I stuck the music and sounds together, yes.

Do you have a permission of the maker of the song? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice work! I think this should be the Gmod Orginal Sound

Do you mean a copyright or a creative commons? Is that what you mean?

…Yeah, no I don’t. But I did credit the composer, and I’m not about to use the song for anything retail and I’m not claiming that I made the background music.

I’m still pretty sure it’s infringement if you give it away in large proportions without…reimbursing, the creator. But still, carry on.

It’s all HL2 stuff, he says. Everyone with GMod has access to all HL2 stuff. (except the actual storyline unless you actually own HL2)

I think he’s OK.