Merge Maps

How would i combine two maps in to one what programs would i need and how difficult would it be to do it

I honestly hope this is just a really bad troll post, but I’ll explain anyways.

To do this yourself, you’ll need to go into the game you desire to map in, and open up Hammer. (That assuming you realize a program to do this automatically is physically impossible.) I’ll use EP2 as I assume from the thread details you’re coming from the Garry’s Mod community and want to use it for that. Go into your Computer, your main drive (Presumably C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Half-Life 2 > bin and open Hammer.bat

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin

After opening Hammer.bat, you’ll see a small menu. Select Episode Two, or whichever you’d like to map for. Note, this will only let you map for the Half-Life series. If you want to map for C:SS or say TF2, you’ll have to go to that game’s directory in your Common folder, go into Bin, and open up Hammer.bat there.

Before you continue, I’d suggest you start mapping a bit before continuing. Look at the tutorials listed at the end of this post for a start to lead you in the right direction. I’d say it’ll take you about a week or two to get the hang of it, depending if you map every day/how much mapping you do/how quick of a learner you are. Once you learn your way around how mapping in the Source engine works, you can open up both of your VMFs, and copy the content in one over to the other. (Note: This is a horribly lagy, and unrecommended action and will probably make you go over the limits of the Source Engine.) Just combine the two areas with the knowledge you’ve learned at that point, and you’re good to go. Always make sure you credit the authors of the original VMF’s.

Here’s a good place to start.

No I think he means he wants to merge two maps together, not create a new one.

waste of time

you wont be able to stitch two separate maps together in a convincing way even if you already know how to map

and depending on how complex the maps are it might not even compile if you do

I know, I told him how to merge two maps together, not create a new one.

Open up both .vmf files in hammer, select everything in one map and paste it into the other map. Simple as that.

If you want to combine downtown and evocity or something it won’t work.

depends on the size of the map and all that

You’ve got to be kidding