Meshes and Textures Stretch Unto Infinity, Invisible Ragdolls/Playermodels

So I was playing Gmod.
I stopped, got some addons, fired it back up again.

Steam told me something about Steam Cloud not syncing, and I, being the noob I am, canceled and and waited for it to resync.

Now my textures and meshes stretch infinitely until they converge upon what I assume to be the origins of the map (0,0,0). Parts of the textures are missing, and I can’t see any ragdolls, npcs, or playermodels…

My computer isn’t a gaming rig per se, but it always ran Gmod fine, right up until the Steam Cloud incedent. I have wiped my addons, cleanly re-installed Gmod, and tried setting both -dxlevel80 and 81 in the launch options, but nothing has wokred for me.
Map geometry isn’t affected and everything else worked fine, but even my v_models are borked, and I noticed the skybox structures on gm_construct are distorted, too.

Nobody has any advice for me.
I’m having the same problem as this dude:
http://www.gmodforums.com/showthread.php?tid=1056

The only advice I’ve seen for anyone else with thios is setting the dxlevel. That only works for some people, myself not included.

Please help me.
I just am appalled that such a seemingly small misstep on my part has caused irreversible damage to my game.
(I’m pretty sure HL2 and Lost Coast work fine, and they’re the onyl other games I own on Steam.)

!!!EDIT!!! Got this from the console:

“Redownloading all lightmaps
ERROR: failed to create vertex decl for vertex format 51483! You’ll probably see messed-up mesh rendering - to diagnose, build shaderapidx9.dll in debug.”

Any ideas?

Japan went yes into twenty five so go fish until ice dildo.

Hee hee.

Found something in the console, posted it to the OP.
Reposting here, as it seems to be the source of the issue:

“Redownloading all lightmaps
ERROR: failed to create vertex decl for vertex format 51483! You’ll probably see messed-up mesh rendering - to diagnose, build shaderapidx9.dll in debug.”

Any idea as to what I can doa bout this?

Dunno if it’s too early, but BUMP.

I really would like to have not wasted ten bucks or so. :\

System Specs, and make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Tells us that you are still running in Dx9 mode.
Please note that its -dxlevel 81 and not -dxlevel81 (Goes for any level, But gmod doesn’t have support for Dx7 anymore.)

…seriously?
I was just missing the space?
As far as requirements go, I know my GPU is the only thing under the specs.
It’s an intergrated chipset,a nd while it’s not perfect, it was odd to me that it just quit like that after months of handling just fine.

But yeah, I’ll try out the space in the dxlevel command.
I’m stupid. :smiley: