Metroid Prime 2 (Echoes): Dark Suit Samus Port (Source)

I’m a complete Blender noob. I’m also a confused Blender noob.

So this is what I’m trying to port into Source Filmmaker:

And this is what the model looks like in Blender:

I have no idea how to get this thing into a t-pose, as I’m not that experienced with Blender at the moment. Also, I can’t seem to get the materials to actually work with Dark Suit Samus herself. I’ve tried to look this kind of situation up on the Internet, but I haven’t come across anything that could help me on this yet.

I’d highly appreciate assistance for this model! If anyone can help me as I go, I am fully willing to port this thing even with my inexperience with Blender. I’m planning on porting this as a gift for one of my friends.

Of course, if anybody experienced can port it over, I wouldn’t mind. It’d probably look better than what I’d make, though I’d like to learn how to at least get through this t-pose and material application myself as well.

First of all, you should try to get a Rip of the model in a more neutral pose.
Closer to T-pose means less work for you.

Then there are several possibilities of correcting the pose.

1. you could select points in edit mode, relocate the pivot of the selection to where a joint would be and then rotate the selection.

2. you also could build a skeleton, adjust it to the posed model, rig the model in this pose and then just move the skeleton to T-pose.

I’ll try 2 first before going with 1. If none of them seem to work for me I’ll find another model with a neutral pose like you said. Thank you!

If you have a copy of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and 3ds max, you can use the CMDL maxscript to import the model instead.

I think there was a Metroid Prime Model viewer floating around somewhere, but it was for viewing purposes only. However, I remember someone adding an export to obj function to the model viewer, but I dunno if they released it. I’ll try to find it if I can.

Oh, and you have to use the PakTool first on the pak archives on the disk.

[editline]10th December 2015[/editline]

Here it is: MpxViewer with OBJ export

https://github.com/AxioDL/PathShagged/releases
Maybe even the better choice in combination with Blender.
Remember, still in Beta.

Thank you for the tips! I’ll try looking into the Echoes copy I have soon.