Mic lags Gmod

Hi

Whenever im playing Gmod nowadays and i press x to talk to my fellow players, it spikes my entire game for a second and then continues to do so until my gmod session is over. The laptop im running is a Dell Vostro 3700 but i can assure you that it has NOTHING to do with my laptop because it has been able to run Gmod without problems for over 3 years now. If someone can explain why this started then i would appreciate it, and if you have a fix, i’d appreciate it evens more. It started yesterday just as i joined gmod after a restart and have restarted my pc, my router, steam, gmod, to no avail what-so-ever.

“over 3 years”

you do realize that the same hardware won’t run the same game that has had numerous updates in the exact same way?

either way

post actual specs using speccy and update all drivers

I realize that, but theres not much you can to for a laptop. Best i can do is maintain the current hardware.
Specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 740QM 1.73GHz
Clarksfield 45nm Technology
**Ram:**4.00gb Dual Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz
Motherboard: Dell Inc
**Graphics:**Generic PNP Monitor ; Acer X193W ; 1024 MB Nvidia Geforce GT 330M
Storage: 465 GB Hitachi GHST HTS725050A7E630 ATA Device (SATA) ; 1863 GB Seagate Expansion USB Device (USB (SATA))
Optical Drives: Optiarc DVD±RW AD-7700H ATA Device
Audio: NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

yeah just update your drivers and pray it fixes anything also addons could be doing this as well i’ve seen some weird hud addons affect

My mac used to be able to run gmod, but it always crashes because awesomium

Disable all microphone enhancements in your microphone properties. This is a common problem that is actually because of your microphone properties settings.