Missing entities, weapons, vehicles, etc...

Hi people, it’s me again. This time I come to inform you something. If you installed a lot of addons, you may have noticed that there are many missing entities, weapons, vehicles, etc. Most believe it is a conflict between addons, but in most cases it is due to the new limit of lua files that can be sent to the client. It seems that now you can not have more than 2048 lua files, so if you have many addons installed, there are many things that are not going to appear. See for yourself:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1230143
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1231829

Not many people know about this, so i’m spreading the word. Hope it helps…
sorry for my bad english

That’s actually interesting; I had no idea there was a limit (in hindsight I should’ve seen that).

Thanks for pointing that out.

And those threads you linked to were closed… Almost as if Garry doesn’t give a shit about this issue, but he should. Then again, GMod has been acting real terribly lately, so I doubt he gives a shit about anything anymore.

true, I’m starting to hate the new version. Gmod12 was great, there was no need to update it. Almost all old addons are broken, and we can not even install all the remaining at the same time (because of the limit). In addition to the new bugs, GMOD13 has more cons than pros… I still did not see anything interesting to do worth the loss of so many addons…

isn’t the addon limit like 200?

what the hell are you doing with 200 addons

as you can see in the links i posted, it’s not addon limit, it’s lua file limit. Some Addons have a lot of LUA files. Install wire, the 4 Source Vehicle packs, Scars, the 4 packs of Simonov weapons, WAC aircraft pack, a few more addons and you’ve reached the limit…

My question remains though, I don’t understand why you need so many addons? Disable the ones you aren’t using?

i like to have many addons, i could have them before, now I can’t, that’s the problem…
you don’t have to agree with me. I know that many are happy with the new changes, but I’m sure I’m not the only one who hates that limit…

my point is that the limit is there for a reason, why not disable the addons you aren’t playing with at the moment?

that’s what I do, because I have no other option. But I told you, I like to have many addons at the same time and not have to enable and disable them because of the limit… and yes, i’m sure that it is there for a reason, but that does not mean i have to like it… it’s just a matter of opinion…
anyway, i just came here to inform the cause of missing entities, for those who were not aware of the limit

i want to remove the limit :frowning: