Missing eye textures with -all- custom models

Long story short, “stock” gmod models (for example spy, soldier, etc) have normal eyes.

But any custom model that I use always ends up with the missing texture for their eyes. It seems to be happening to every single custom model I use. Everything else on the models are fine, it’s just the eye textures.

Heck, I can even see the eye texture files in the model’s folders.

Anyone have any idea what could cause this / how I can fix it? It’s driving me insane and I’m at the point of considering quitting gmod because of it. I’ve tried several different forums and haven’t gotten any replies regarding the problem.

Any form of help what so ever would be greatly appreciated

A lot of people have been reporting this. http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1271741 is the best tutorial I can give you, but so far, it hasn’t worked for anyone.

Thank’s for the reply code_gs, but just to make sure are you sure you didn’t misread my post? I don’t see anything about missing eye textures for custom models in that thread

The eye textures come from stock Source games, this is how to fix those missing textures. Once again, this has worked for some but mostly not for others. You should follow the tutorial anyways, though, because this helps for all missing textures.

Gotcha, thank you for the info. I’ll give it a shot, and even if it doesn’t work at least I now know whats causing it.

Thanks again