missing feature implementation?

Keep getting kicked for no reason after 10 minutes and it says missing feature implementation, anyone knows what causes it? just started happening randomly and i cant play rust at the moment.

Are you running any security software that might be interfering with Rust?

nope not running any software, its just randomly started 2 days ago for no apparent reason

This is also happening to me. Just reinstalled windows 8 and cannot play on my own server.

this is happening to me too, soo annoying… I can only play 10 minutes then disconnect, wait 10 minutes to play, and again… so shitty.

Is there no known fix for this?

Having same issue. Tired of getting kicked from server for no obvious reason, then coming back with nothing I had, just starting rock/bandages/torch.

Are you sure you guys arent running any program that is supposed to run with rust? :wink:

I recall something similar not too long ago…

I have a fresh install of windows 8, and rusty… unless windows is causing this error. My steam library was installed on a separate drive if that matters at all.

Playing experimental or normal?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X2aLSQJB0g - Nothing like that is it?

Normal. But I checked out the experimental a couple days ago. Looks awesome BTW.

[editline]12th May 2014[/editline]

Negative. But I appreciate the help.

that’s the exact same thing that’s happening to me, cant play because it will disconnect you randomly and you could be out in the open then oops all your items have gone

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1378031
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1378031&p=44343388&viewfull=1#post44343388

It has to do with hacks deleting some log file Rust uses (or something like that). So, it only happens to hackers.
My friends and I who don’t hack never got this error, while all the hackers I knew on the official server I played on were getting it (East coast 3).

That’s the most idiotic thing i’ve ever seen, because I’d hack with 1000 hours on rust, and if i was hacking I wouldn’t get kicked, I’d get a vac

Wouldn’t put it past someone.

hey noob, I HAVE NEVER HACKED NOR I PLAN TO, I JUST DLED RUST 3 DAYS AGO AND PAID 20 FUCKING DOLLARS FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT THAT WONT EVEN LET ME PLAY…

but guess now, Ill have to use the cracked servers if I wanna play… GG Facepunch

missing feature implementation has nothing to do with hacking or modifying game files, shows how stupid you really are

Jumping right to pirating… Sure makes you sound trustworthy.

But yea, this error has nothing to do with cheating so that’s definitely not the case.

well Facepunch gives me no other choice, there is no apparent fix for this, theres no official statement or even a mod to answer why is this error happening… all we get is trolls accusing ppl who get this error as hackers

It seems like Facepunch wants everyone getting this error to go play on the pirate servers…

Yes. Clearly Facepunch wants people to illegally download their games for free.
Because they aren’t busy rebuilding the game from the ground up or anything… No they should definitely be spending time patching bugs in a defunct version of the game that will be practically useless within (probably) a month or so.

lol a month, more like a year… maybe they shouldnt sell UNPLAYABLE games then, I dont care if its an alpha and it has bugs but if I cannot straight up play, its just a scam then. I will just skip any Facepunch games in the future, as I now know how shitty they treat theyre customers.