after model clipping wasnt released for so long time, i decided to make my own.
Finaly after feeding the gate with hundrets of blue barrels, it works.
I always wanted to do something awesome, and i think i now did.
If you find any bugs or if you want me to add something, post it in this thread.
Thank you !
State [tab]Development Stopped[/tab]
- If the gate turns off, things got “cut” by the event horizont ( failed: gm_queryphys.dll is not compatible with the clipping)
- Nice teleportation (50%)
- If you fastly pull welded things out of the gate. (fixed 100%)
- Props which are behind the gate and dont touch the eventhorizont are solid again (fixed 100%)
- Fail if you put other constraints than “weld” in the gate (fixed 100%)
- Another collision bug (fixed 100%)
- Epic fail when any prop is exting the target gate o.O ( 100%)
- Fast props ( like shots of weapons ) are not teleported (50%, fixed for shots, but not for fast props)
- Players are invisible after using the gate ( 100 % )
- Certain entities ( like jumper ) got stuck in the target gate (? ~0% ?)
outdated Video of a very older version of the clipping, but main functions are the same
SVN: (always latest version!)
( TortoiseSVN Client is required! )
- Create a folder on your desktop called modelclipping
- Rightclick it, choose SVN Checkout
- Enter the link “http://deathmaker.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modelclipping/” (without " ) and click ok
- After the download process is done, copy the folder to C:…\Steam\steamapps<yourname>\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons .
- Now you can delete the folder on your desktop!
- You are done
IF THIS DOES NOT WORK:
You probably have an addon what is overwriting the evenhorizon ( like cap )
so if you have cap, just delete cap\lua\entities\event_horizon
this will not have any effect on cap, it just makes the clipping work
If just the clipping dont work ( but the prop got pulled into the eventhorizon etc … )
check if you have installed modules like “queryphys.dll” and remove them!
- ZeikJT for the main clipping code
- Avon for his awesome stargate mod
- Deathmaker for all the other stuff
- People who helped me with code ( their names are in the code )