Model exported and working, though im getting pink & black textures

hey guys first time exporter here!

im not sure what im getting wrong, some guidance would be wonderful

heres how i set up the qc


$modelname "Carbine/models/Elysian_Carbine.mdl"
$body "Body" "Elysian_Carbine.smd"
$cdmaterials "Carbine/materials/" 

$staticprop
$scale 1.0
$surfaceprop "Metal" 

$sequence "idle" "Elysian_Carbine" fps 30 

$collisionmodel “Elysian_Carbine.smd”
     {            
          $concave
     }


something im not sure about in the compile log

VMF:


"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "lasgun_dif_stock"
	"$surfaceprop" "Metal"
}


any body have an idea of whats going on?

What software did you export from?

The VMT should be $basetexture “Carbine/materials/lasgun_dif_stock”

crowbar

Nevermind, lonefirewarrior is probably right. I’ve seen issues with models where the material in whatever software you’re using isn’t named correctly. Just thought maybe it was that.

i tried that, its from the original folder, after i compiled i just took the models from where it was compiled to and made a new folder, put in the models, i had already made the vtf’s+VMT’s and put them in materials then dropped it in addons. , ill try just moving them in the original folder and see if that works

[editline]9th May 2014[/editline]

still not working, i changed the VMF to what you said

Are your materials located in materials/models/carbine/materials instead of materials/carbine/materials? That might be why it’s derping. The QC command automatically assumes that the materials will be located in the materials folder. So whatever folder you open have at the beginning of your vmt is actually going to be “materials/location”.

check your SMD file to see what material your model uses, then check if its matching the name of your vtf and vmt.

heres an example of the SMD


version 1
nodes
  0 "smdimport"  -1
  1 "Object001"  -1
  2 "Object002"  -1
  3 "Object004"  -1
  4 "Object005"  -1
  5 "Object006"  -1
  6 "Object007"  -1
  7 "Object009"  -1
  8 "Object010"  -1
end
skeleton
time 0
  0 -0.268195 0.000000 16.895399 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  1 -0.268195 0.000000 16.895399 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  2 0.398748 -0.848111 17.091442 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  3 -0.268195 0.000000 16.895399 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  4 -6.120688 0.000000 15.367249 0.000000 -0.000000 -3.141593
  5 5.001004 0.000000 19.602726 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  6 1.819768 0.000000 16.856148 0.000000 -0.000000 0.000000
  7 -0.268195 11.464129 17.241917 0.000000 -0.000000 1.570796
  8 -1.992529 0.080951 16.866470 1.570796 -3.141592 0.000000
end
triangles
lasgun_dif.png
  0 -15.7337   0.7781  17.7711  -0.9336  -0.0001  -0.3584   0.6951  -0.9881
  0 -16.2567  -0.0087  19.1338  -0.9336   0.0001  -0.3583   0.7308  -0.9462
  0 -16.0824   0.7781  18.6796  -0.9336   0.0000  -0.3583   0.7189  -0.9881

yeah they all match up, i really havent got a clue


"VertexLitGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/carbine/materials/lasgun_dif"
	"$surfaceprop" "Metal"
        "$model" "1"
}


Your vmts should be using the ‘VertexLitGeneric’ shader

The way I would have the file path for the materials would simply be: ROOT/materials/models/carbine/lasgun_dif

The extra materials folder after the carbine folder that you have just makes things more complicated.

Add me if you carry on experiencing problems

still nothin, whats your steam ID

Just search ‘Wigbig’ on community, i’m the moustache one