Model is rotated 90º ingame

Hey there.

I am currently modifying the pistol model from HL2 (specifically this mod where the pistol is held with 2 hands). Since canonfodders mdl decompiler (fixeed by hooch) crashes when i decompile the model, i used crowbar instead. After i modified the pistol and i compile the model, it seems that somehow the model got rotated 90º. I only know its there because when i look up, i can see the very back of the arms. I tried the rotate -90 and 90 command on my .QC, but no luck.

Anyone got some advice?
the .qc



// Created by Crowbar 0.11.0.0

$modelname "weapons/v_Pistol.mdl"

$bodygroup "studio"
{
	studio "v_pistol_reference.smd"
}


$cdmaterials "models\Weapons\V_hand\"
$cdmaterials "models\Weapons\V_Pistol\"

$texturegroup "skinfamilies"
{
	{
		"v_hand_sheet.vmt"
		"FC3191.vmt"
	}
}

// Model uses material "v_hand_sheet.vmt"
// Model uses material "v_pistol_sheet.vmt"

$attachment "muzzle" "Barrel" 0 3.9 0 rotate 0 90 -90
$attachment "1" "USP" 0 -1.5 -2.6 rotate 0 180 -90

$surfaceprop "default"

$contents "solid"

$illumposition -12.972 -0.702 -35.781

$bbox -6.293 -17.265 -16.448 26.343 13.653 -2.417

$cbox 0 0 0 0 0 0

$hboxset "default"




$sequence "idle01" "v_pistol_anims\idle01.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_IDLE" 1

	loop

	node "0"
}

$sequence "idle01empty" "v_pistol_anims\idle01empty.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_IDLE_EMPTY" 1

	loop

	node "0"
}

$sequence "fire" "v_pistol_anims\fire.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_PRIMARYATTACK" 1

	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event 6001 0 "0" }
}

$sequence "fire1" "v_pistol_anims\fire1.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_RECOIL1" 1

	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event 6001 0 "0" }
}

$sequence "fire2" "v_pistol_anims\fire2.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_RECOIL2" 1

	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event 6001 0 "0" }
}

$sequence "fire3" "v_pistol_anims\fire3.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_RECOIL3" 1

	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event 6001 0 "0" }
}

$sequence "fireempty" "v_pistol_anims\fireempty.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_DRYFIRE" 1

	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event AE_MUZZLEFLASH 0 "PISTOL MUZZLE" }
	{ event 6001 0 "0" }
}

$sequence "draw" "v_pistol_anims\draw.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_DRAW" 1

	node "0"
}

$sequence "drawempty" "v_pistol_anims\drawempty.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30

	node "0"
}

$sequence "reload" "v_pistol_anims\reload.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_RELOAD" 1

	node "0"
}

$sequence "holster" "v_pistol_anims\holster.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_HOLSTER" 1

	node "0"
}

$sequence "holsterempty" "v_pistol_anims\holsterempty.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_HOLSTER" 1

	node "0"
}

$sequence "idletolow" "v_pistol_anims\idletolow.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_LOWERED_TO_IDLE" 1

	transition "0" "1"
}

$sequence "lowtoidle" "v_pistol_anims\lowtoidle.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_IDLE_TO_LOWERED" 1

	transition "1" "0"
}

$sequence "lowidle" "v_pistol_anims\lowidle.smd" {
	snap rotate 90 fps 30
	"ACT_VM_IDLE_LOWERED" 1
	loop
	node "1"
}




I’m glad more people are using Crowbar, it actually makes QCs that aren’t vomit-inducing. (they’re far from optimal, but it’s still a huge improvement)

In any case, try adding ‘$upaxis Y’ after $modelname.

I just realized that the model wasn’t changing was because i kept forgetting to paste the model in my hl2’s custom folder. GG steampipe, GG

[editline]ggg[/editline]
Now it’s fully working. I changed the rotate to -90 and it works like a charm, thanks <3