Model problem: WARNING: Leaking 1 elements

Today I have been working on a new cube model to fit with my mod “Realities: Source”, I have textured it and imported the texture as a “.vtf” file, and when I exported it to “.smd” format and fired up GUIStudioMDL to compile it I get this error:
“WARNING: AppFramework : Unable to load module p4lib.dll!
qdir: “c:\users\matthew\desktop\misc\realitiessource_project_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal”
gamedir: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Portal 2\portal2”
g_path: “C:\Users\Matthew\Desktop\misc\realitiessource_project_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal\compile.qc”
Building binary model files…
Working on “compile.qc”
WARNING: $modelname key has slash as first character. Removing.
ERROR: c:\users\matthew\desktop\misc\realitiessource_project_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal\compile.qc(7): - could not load file ‘/cube_normal.smd’
ERROR: Aborted Processing on ‘cube_normal/cube_normal.mdl’
WARNING: Leaking 1 elements”

I do not know what is wrong with it, here is the “compile.qc” file if your wondering

$modelname "/cube_normal/cube_normal.mdl"
$cdmaterials "models/cube_normal"

$scale 1.0
$surfaceprop "Metal"

$body "Body" "/cube_normal.smd"

$sequence "idle" "/cube_normal.smd" fps 30

$collisionmodel "/cube_normal_collision.smd"
{
$mass 40
}

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!

This is your error:
“ERROR: c:\users\matthew\desktop\misc\realitiessource_proj ect_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal\compile.qc(7): - could not load file ‘/cube_normal.smd’”

This usually happens because GUIStudioMDL can’t find the model’s .smd. Generally, it should be located in the same place as the .qc file and should be the same name as what you put in the qc beside $model

When you exported your cube, did you save it as cube_normal.smd to this path?: “c:\users\matthew\desktop\misc\realitiessource_project_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal”

I just looked in the folder and I see 2 SMD files both with “cube_normal” in their name, don’t know if I exported it right from 3DS max (2012 version), did I need to add a bone of some discription into the model?

no current directory command ?

$cd "c:\users\matthew\desktop\misc\realitiessource_pro ject_files\smd_exported_files\cube_normal"
$modelname "cube_normal.mdl"
$cdmaterials "models/cube_normal"

$scale 1.0
$surfaceprop "Metal"

$body "Body" "cube_normal.smd"

$sequence "idle" "cube_normal.smd" fps 30

$collisionmodel "cube_normal_collision.smd"
{
$mass 40
}

I do not understand

the command “$cd” stands for CurrentDirectory

I didn’t see such a command in your qc which is foreign to me, try using the qc I posted above

Thanks! It compile perfectly and now is ready for action! again, thank you for your help! =D

I don’t think you actually need $cd if your QC is in the same place as everything else. I am fairly certain I’ve compiled qcs before where there wasn’t a $cd, but it is definitely better to have in most cases.