Model Problems

Hello Guys and Gals.

First of all…
I’m trying to import a model I’ve created into Garry’s Mod as a prop.
I’ve created the model in Cinema4D then exported as an .fbx to use in Blender.
I used Blender to export the model as a .smd and compile the .smd with this tool. http://steamreview.org/BlenderSourceTools/

I made the texture in Photoshop and exported it as a .png and made the .vtf & .vmt using VTFEdit.

All looked well until I went In-game, Here is a short video of what is happening.

I used the MDLTextureInfo tool to check what paths the model was looking for and it was the correct stuff.

I don’t know what else to do, this is my first time making a model for Garry’s Mod so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is some more information.

My .QC file:



$modelname "warrior/speaker/speaker.mdl"
$cdmaterials "models/warrior/speaker/"

$scale 20.0
$surfaceprop "Metal"

$body "Speaker" "speaker.smd"

$sequence "Idle" "speaker.smd" fps 30

$collisionmodel "speaker_collision.smd" { $concave }


My .VMT file:



"VertexlitGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/warrior/speaker/mat_color_0"
}


Thank you!

When you applied the texture in Blender, did you make sure it was named exactly the same as you have it named in your .VMT (which in this case would be mat_color_0)? If not, then the model might be looking for something else entirely.

Whenever I applied the texture I just dragged the mat_color_0.tga file over to the model and dropped it. The .tga is named mat_color_0 so I believe it is the exact same as in the .VMT. Also I didn’t see any other place to edit the material name in blender.

Is the name of the .VMT also the same, or is it a different name? Because if my understanding of how Blender works is correct, and if the .VMT happens to be a different name, then that might cause a problem since the .MDL is looking for the .VMT of the same name as the texture (I don’t know why, but Source is a bit finicky like that).

In the off chance that the .VMT happens to be the same name as your .VTF, you may want to consider using MDLTextureInfo on the compiled .MDL file to see what it’s looking for. Simply place the .EXE wherever your compiler is set to read the SDK tools from (for example, ‘Steam\Steamapps\Common\Counter-Strike Source\bin’ if you use CS:S’s bin folder for the SDK tools), and then drag the .MDL file onto the .EXE (you can also make a shortcut to the program on your desktop to make things easier); a command prompt window will pop up, and it will list the info for what .VMT file(s) are associated with the model.

I’ve already used that MDLTextureInfo program and the results looked fine.
Here is a screenshot.

This is how you apply materials in Blender:

Thank you all for the help.
I have resolved the issue, it was an unassigned texture in Blender.
Also the .VMT was not looking for the correct file.