Model Problems.

Okay I’m having problems with two models in Gmod.

The first which I know the cause of the problem but not how to fix it is this. luigimario’s SSBB Link model apparently refrences a face texture at the same path that the SSBM Link model found here uses. So the other face texture appears incorrectly on SSBB Link. As you can see here:

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4006/gmbattlefield0001.th.jpg

I know that this has to do with the path for the face texture being the same so it is just loading the other Link model’s face texture. Based on what I think I know this is a hexing issue and either one of these models just needs to be hexed and have the face texture at another path. So could someone hex the SSBMelee Link model to use a different face texture path than the SSBB as there are many more versions of SSBB Link than the 1 SSBM Link. I would appreciate this so I can pose SSBM Link fighting SSBB Link.

The second model I’m having problems with is medrop’s SSBB Sheik model. I have no idea why this is happening but it looks like the transparency is totally messed up. Its as if half the textures don’t show. Can anyone help me find out and fix what is going on here?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2599/sheikissues.th.jpg

I also have this problem with Taki from SC2 done by mariokart64n on his request thread. I probably could fix Taki if someone can help with Sheik.

I believe the SSBM Link was done by mariokart64n and just reuploaded on garrysmod.org in that pack. Anyway I believe that is where I downloaded it was on garrysmod.org so I’ll keep that link.

Thank you for any help you can give me I appreciate it.

I’ll do the Link hexing, I had to do a similar thing to the RE4 merchant, so I know how it’s done. I might take a few days to get around to it, but I’ll try to get it done tomorrow.

Awesome thank you for your help gman003-main. Now if anyone can just figure out what’s wrong with Sheik.

Apparently, my help isn’t needed: everything works out of the box.

At least with the downloads you linked (pun intended) me to, there’s no conflict.

I’ll see if I can do anything about the Sheik problems, but, since I don’t know what the cause is, I might not be able to fix it.

Really how odd. I’ll try redownloading him. Perhaps someone already rehexed Link and I downloaded a non hexed one off of mariokart64n’s page.

Tested Shiek. No problems found. Looks like a bad download or bad install (happens to everyone).

On the one hand, I didn’t have to do anything to fix it. On the other, I actually like these models, so thanks for making me DL them.