Model Texture Problem :( Also, physics model D:

What the fuck is going on here?

http://www.n00bunlimited.net/attachments/rp-test-server-aka-readybake-pancakes/726d1272314981-dotville-pool_chair.jpg

See how the texture is all glitched out? It looks normal if I get rid of $translucent 1 but then the gaps between the plastic stripe things show up. :frowning:

Here is the .vmt if it helps?

"vertexlitgeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/natalya/props/pool_chair_0"
	"$bumpmap" "models/natalya/props/pool_chair_normal"
	"$translucent" 1
	"$nocull" 1
	"$normalmapalphaenvmapmask" 1
	"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
    "$envmapcontrast" 0.3
    "$envmapsaturation" 0.3
    "$envmaptint"			"[.35 .35 .35]"
    "$surfaceprop" "plastic"
}

Also, for the life of me I can’t get the physics model to be concave. It has 15 solids, each with it’s own smoothing group and $concave is specified in the .qc file. I can provide more info and stuff here if you want it.

Help? Anybody? It does the same texture glitch in Hammer btw.

(If my above post wasn’t clear, I’m talking about how the render priority is inverted – stuff that’s behind other stuff gets rendered instead of the things that are in front.)

Replace “$translucent” with “$alphatest”. Allows correct rendering when several transparent verts overlap, but not partial transparency.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w/images/3/3a/Translucent2p.png

[editline]09:03PM[/editline]

I’ve always had problems with phys models, too. Try changing the smoothing groups so that all solids use the same one. Don’t forget to apply a material to them, either.

I’ll try that out, thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!!

Now to figure out the collision model.

Oops, my bad. The solids that touch each other should be in different smoothing groups. Are you sure that all the solids of the collision model are concave? Did you apply the same texture to them as for the reference model? Post a wireframe screenshot of your collision mesh.

Nice model, by the way.

I got it to work with a complex collision model. I had to press the Clear All button for smoothing groups. That solved the problem.

Good to know, thanks for sharing. :v: