Model wont compile with the textures

sdjnksdhkjsda

No matter what I try on the .qc file and model, every time I compile my model and spawn it, it has the same pink and black checkered texture error every time. I’ve checked the .qc for anything I’m doing wrong/specifying incorrectly, I’ve imported my model into 3dsmax and added the same textures multiple times and re-exporting it, and simply screwing with vtfedit. No dice. I’d be happy to post my .qc file if someone needs it to help me out here.

I just dont understand what I’m doing wrong here. I have exported models with working textures plenty of times successfully. I dont know why it’s not working for me now.

Any heads-up?

Hm. Did you put the compiled model’s textures in the right folder?
And also, can I see your qc. file.

Well yea, I did do it right. Here is my .QC:



$cd "C:\Users\Me\Documents\folder\modelfolder"
$modelname "custommodels\custommodel.mdl"
$model "body" "custommodel_ref.smd"
$cdmaterials "\models\custommodels\"
// Model uses material "customtexture.vmt"
$surfaceprop "Metal"
$illumposition -0.804 0.478 86.442
$sequence idle "custommodel_idle.smd" fps 30.00
$collisionmodel "custommodel_ref.smd" {

	$mass 8.0
	$inertia 1.00
	$damping 0.00
	$rotdamping 0.00
}



a)drop the first \ in the cdmaterials.
b) show the vmt as well.



"VertexlitGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/custommodels/custommodel"
	"$surfaceprop" "Metal"
	"$surfaceprop2" "Metal_Box"
}


And I basically do that for all of my models and they work fine but for this one in particular.

I believe you keep the “$surfaceprop” lines in the QC. Remove them from the VMT and see if it’ll show up.

Well if all else fails, look at the MDL in a hex editor, to take a look at the material path as well as the texture names.

Well all else did fail. I’ve looked at the model through notepad++ to find the material line, there was none. I dropped the $surfaceprop lines in the .vmt, I guess I just have to start all over :frowning: