Models not working

the models download when you join the server but they dont apply, at first i thought this had somthing to do with the /player/ extention because ones that used other extentions worked example

WORKED
[lua]

player_manager.AddValidModel ( “Hitler”, “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.mdl” )
AddCSLuaFile()

if (SERVER) then
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.dx80.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.dx90.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.mdl” )
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.phy” )
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.sw.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/minson97/hitler/hitler.vvd” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/arms.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/arms.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/arms_normal.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/coach_head_wrp.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eye-cornea.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eye-extra.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eye-iris-brown.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eye-reflection-cubemap-.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eyeball_l.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/eyeball_r.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/genericmouth_colspec.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/genericmouth_colspec.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/genericmouth_norms.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerbody_colspec.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerbody_colspec.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerbody_norms.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerhead_colspec.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerhead_colspec.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/hitlerhead_norms.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/leatherdetail.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/minson97/hitler/skin_detail.vtf” )
end
[/lua]

Didnt Work

[lua]

player_manager.AddValidModel ( “James Bond”, “models/player/bond.mdl” )
AddCSLuaFile()

if (SERVER) then
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.dx80.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.dx90.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.mdl” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.phy” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.sw.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.vvd” )
resource.AddFile( “models/player/bond.xbox.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_eye.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_eye.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_head.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_head.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tongue.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tongue.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tux_coat.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tux_coat.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tux_pant.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/bond_tux_pant.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/male_hand.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/player/bond/male_hand.vtf” )
end
[/lua]

so i tried changing it to this (yes the files as well)
[lua]

player_manager.AddValidModel ( “James Bond”, “models/jamesbond/bond.mdl” )
AddCSLuaFile()

–// File Generated By Fox-Warrior’s Resources Generator Version 2.06 \–

if (SERVER) then
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.dx80.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.dx90.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.mdl” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.phy” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.sw.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.vvd” )
resource.AddFile( “models/jamesbond/bond.xbox.vtx” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_eye.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_eye.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_head.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_head.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tongue.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tongue.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tux_coat.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tux_coat.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tux_pant.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/bond_tux_pant.vtf” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/male_hand.vmt” )
resource.AddFile( “materials/models/jamesbond/bond/male_hand.vtf” )
end
[/lua]

but it still didnt work any reason why?
oh and they do download onto the clients

Are they on your FastDL server?

no but i put them on there and made no difference, they do download just not apply
i am using them in pointshop if that makes a difference

Re-upload them and make sure the path to the files in the resource.AddFile() is exactly the same as the path to it on the FastDL and the server.

Post your pointshop code

have done many times

[lua]

ITEM.Name = ‘James Bond’
ITEM.Price = 500
ITEM.Model = ‘James Bond’, ‘models/jamesbond/bond.mdl’

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
if not ply._OldModel then
ply._OldModel = ply:GetModel()
end

timer.Simple(1, function() ply:SetModel(self.Model) end)

end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
if ply._OldModel then
ply:SetModel(ply._OldModel)
end
end

[/lua]

Your ITEM.Model is all wrong

Example: Kleiner’s


ITEM.Model = 'models/player/kleiner.mdl'

thanks this is what blind copy and paste gets you :slight_smile: