Most ridiculous admin decision! there must be way of control that.. [DE] ChillLounge #1

So long story short…

my friend started to play rust few days back and i joined him to give him some advice and we started to play on this little server with few ppl…

so, friend started our base, it was kinda weak, easy accessible through windows on every floor (rookie mistakes) so we put some foundations around, put bars on windows etc… our group get little bigger, as rest of server was kinda together…

and it started to get interesting and fun…

the most stupid thing ever was made by my noobish friend… guy asked him if he will give him one explosive to research in return for one c4, and my stupid friend gave him…
well… 3 or 4 of them come back later that day (as in real day) with few c4s and they tried to enter our house… they destroyed some walls, some doors (after one of them trapped himself lol) and we have a little fun gunfight…
we were surprised, run out of bullets, and they were good shooters, with all respect… finally we killed them all and they stopped spawning close to us…

later that day we went and radied few houses (as on server there were just few bigger bases)… we entered some just with stairs, as they were noob designed, and some with c4s… we even entered admin’s house…

and we finished the day with unsuccessful try with glitched wooden wall where we spent 6 c4s and it didn’t go down…

but finally… today…

we joined server, just to see admin wiped the server?!!
and reason being, that noob players started to cry one of us was hacker, enter house through walls (as we are polite raiders, and we always put wall back on when we enter through wall)…
they accuse us of being aimboters, and that usual shit… and that was after we 2 get killed in one second with headshoots… but we didn’t mentioned h of hackers… as we believe that was skill, as guys seemed good shooters…

nvm… but server was pvp… with no rules set… we didn’t grief any house, better still - when they tried to raid us, they fucked up our entrance to house… - we didn’t even say anything because of that…

so the point of my post - this things should not be allowed… i understand there are different servers, and thats fine… i come from lots and lots of dayz mod, lots and i mean lots of servers, we had our own server, it’s fine there are different servers, but you cannot set up server one way, and after one group shown better than whole server, you change your mind, and wipe server without notice because we were getting stronger… admin even removed explosives from crafting today…

and the worst thing… admin isn’t some young kid, it seemed like ok guy… but yeah… we raided him and everything change :confused:

i know easy answer is change server… but hey… you cannot be safe anywhere, cause every admin can be shit like this and ruin few days of play…

So what’s the point of this story? To cry about your experience on a non-official server?

I would suggest joining a official server.

I want to report you, but there’s no “OP is a gigantic whining turd who thinks we give a damn about his in-game drama” button.

Yet.

OH NO!!! THE HUMANITY OF IT!!!

you obvious don’t understand my point… that’s fine, but don’t present yourself like 12 years stupid pricks who just know to make this lame posts…
if you don’t have anything to say than you just become plain stupid…

problem is that admin shouldn’t be able to make changes and wipe server on their own when there is no need for it whatsoever…
it is same as abusing admin powers ingame…

because it was transparent, they said wipe was because we radied too much (and that was just 3 or 4 house in reality)…

so it’s just to lol to have that approach and even be able to do that…

so basically that means if you are playing better than rest (whole point of every multi player game) admin will “restart” the round… that’s just cannot be possible…

give me another example of game where there is such situation…
it doesn’t exist…

if you don’t see the problem with that, that just means you are not playing the game and you just want to troll legit question…

Admin owns Server.

Admin pays for Server.

Admin can do what they like on their Server.

Now, stop crying, and move on.

~ C

“If you don’t agree with me then ur trolling” isn’t a logical argument.

OP: “The admin shouldn’t be in control of the server”

Pack it up folks it doesn’t get any better than that. Good show everybody.

Minecraft for examle, and every game where the serverfiles are puplic realeased

how can’t you understand what’s the issue here…

no, and no… that is so not true… and ffs where did you get that idea…

admins are there to administrate server… nothing less, nothing more… it’s always been that way…

admins are on server to make sure all players are following rules, make sure that server is running smooth, and try to resolve hackers issue…

and that’s all… admins cannot, or should not change gameplay once it’s set…

who put in your little heads that admins can do whatever they want?? admins, or server owners, same thing… they are on server to control server, not to change server and game itself when is convinient for them and when few players show better skills than whole server…

we didn’t move on in fact…
we stayed on server, as made changes are in fact nice… there aren’t modern guns anymore (or at least you cannot find them in loot), but there are plenty pipe shotguns so it’s interesting…

we stayed as we get whole server to whipe just because of us, and one day of play… there is no stronger way to admit that your group is too powerful than that, so we in fact enjoy that “status” and will keep playing and try again to be defensive and powerful…

but that’s not the issue… i wrote story to put more input and describe situation, and highlight the problem…

it’s not problem for me, i have some 200 hours of rust play, i play for fun now and with friends who just started, problem is that this kind of situations put away players and they loose interest because this behavior have no place in multiplayer games, where there must be! equal conditions… that is basic stuff ppl… bare basics…

this is some new phenomenon to have admins controlling the players and game… and bigger problem is that players don’t really address that issue and think that’s normal…

no, that’s not normal, and whenever you messing up with gameplay itself it’s just wrong… to say at least…

LMFAO admins pay for the server, they do what they want. This has been the way it is in every single pc game of all time where someone can rent or host a server. Nothing you say about “Oh no they cant do that because its not right, they cant do that”, will ever change the fact that they have powers and they can do what they want with them. Either it be looking after the server responsibly or teleporting everyone to one spot in god-mode and mowing them down. Go play on official servers with no admins is my best advice. Otherwise get your own server or find a server where you trust the admins to do what you believe is “Correct way someone should behave because, that’s what you think they should do”

Unfortunately when joining a publicly administrated server you run the risk of them doing something that you don’t think they should do. That’s just how it goes, they paid for it, they get to do what they want with it. And it’s perfectly fine to come here and warn people about the server, in fact I thank you for doing so and wish everybody that’s been on a server with bad admins would come here. We seriously do need more people to warn us of shitty servers, or some sort of third party server list where reports like this can be collected and confirmed. But that’s besides the point.

On the other hand, you’ve provided no proof as to your claim, so you could be a disgruntled person that got banned from that server legitimately and wants nobody to play on it.

So, two points, you need proof when making accusations like this. Always. Also when joining a server that isn’t known for being fair and uncorrupt you run the risk of having your game ruined.

Administrators have the right to do anything they want on their server, because they are the ones who pay for the server. To say they aren’t allowed to do what they want would be like me saying out can’t paint your house red.

Not to nit-pick but the admin doesn’t “own” the server. The admin RENTS the server.

That said, from what I’ve seen so far admins can pretty much do whatever the hell they feel like in Rust, including kicking/banning anyone for killing/raiding (even on PVP servers), rolling back the server because they got raided and spawning all the c4 they want.

I’m not trying to get into a Rust vs. DayZ argument because they’re two entirely different games but Rust is massively carebear-y compared to DayZ where official server hosting rules state you cannot kick/ban anyone for killing, robbing or raiding you and it is enforced as well. Server owners who do not comply with the rules have been blacklisted on the server database. Server admins don’t have the power to magically give themselves a mountain of loot either. They have to scrounge, rob, kill just like everyone else.

The Dayz servers where those rules apply are only the onces that are connected to the Official hive. The reason those rules are in place is so admins of those servers cant influence ALL the servers connected the the main hive. That way they could spawn themselves items and go play on other server. They Dayz servers where it is a private hive there are no rules that the admins have to follow. And the private server that i play on have a MUCH better experience than the ones on the official hives. Im talking about the mod here though not the standalone. And they are going to add private servers to the Standalone once the game is more developed.

Was the admin wrong to wipe? Yes.
But they pay for the server and they have the right to do as they please.

I only wipe my server when :
There are major changes to the game
or
The majority of the server pop calls for a wipe, with a damn good reason for it.

Yawn…I can’t believe i spent the last 6 min reading this…

the guy just doesn’t get it.

Whats the point of buying an apple and not eating it.

yeah, but that’s not my opinion, or my way of thinking… that’s just how it is… - online multiplayer games can only function if there is equal opportunities for everyone… as i said - that is the basic prerequisite for game to work…

and that’s fine, but you must then set up server as intended and players play within the rules of server…
is server is pvp, and raiding is allowed (more than half of idea of game, atm at least) than you cannot change “rules” through night when you get your ass kicked… that is messing with players, misleading them, and most important and reason i post this thread - changing the game experience… and that’s what is wrong…

it’s one thing to set up server completely opposite to game idea, it’s good to have plenty of different servers setups, but you should not be able to change whole server when “shit get’s real”…
for me that’s equal as cheating…

well… yep, as much it sound like crying, but most valuable advices
are from players experiences…

and i understand admins and “admins characters”, i do not like speaking in general, but it’s basically the same everywhere, it’s part of human nature, and especially when admins are young kids who don’t yet realize that the tougher the challenge is -the more fun and satisfaction you have…

this isn’t my first rust server, this isn’t my first “encounter” with admins… we usually get to know admins pretty well, sometimes have neutral relationship, sometimes you get to the bad side of some admin friend so it get little tricky, but most of time, we really don’t give a s*it for admins and they using powers, spawning thing etc, because it doesn’t directly affect us…

but when admin react to other players reactions and come to such a funny decision, and only because of other players complaining, that’s just wrong… and should not be possible…

well, even my understanding and i stay by that, is that there must be some way of controlling this, and some penalty and finally shuting down the server when they violate some more important rules, my reason for posting wasn’t to give actions to this particular server, but to see if there are more similar opinions and if you find that normal and think that should not be possible to do without any “penalty”…

proof? well you can ask that admin yourself, or players on that server and they will all say the same… like i said, admin change server drastically now, removed modern weapons, messed up loot big time, uncraftable c4 etc etc… and he could be crafty and say that wipe was because of that, but he and other transparently said server was wiped because kuda and rest raided too much…

i did not get banned, none of us were… they just undo our progress and our successful and unsuccessful raids…

the funniest part for me is that that other group on server atacked us weith c4 after my stupid friend give them that explosives earlier, but they pretended to be nice, friendly, blabla… and when they fail in raid (to be fair we just came online few minutes before), they were obv pissed…
the best thing is we even didn’t wanted to raid anyone, we wanted to build, 2 friends just started to play so they enjoying gathering and looting town and it was our first or second day…

but when we get attacked, it’s only normal to defend and attack back… so we did, trying to find their base, which means you must go in few of them if you don’t really know which one is theirs…

i am boring again with story but i am aware of my limited vocabulary which leads to problems in explanations, but i want to you try and understand how plain ridiculous that was…

we didn’t get banned (even tho, players wanted that, accusing us of hacking and all that crap)…
we stayed on server and continued to play… even though there is no modern guns, and we all running with revolver and pipe shotgun and bow, and even though we find big base build in half a day of same guys which we owned, and even though when we find them in base and said hallo and give them compliment to nice base, they didn’t said anything but started shooting from roof with something which have waaay more than 8 bullets which are in revolver…

we don’t care… we will beat them with bow and rock, that’s fine… but when we do, admin should not be able to roll back or wipe again because we “win” again… that’s my whole point…

you get the point… and there must be way of preserving “game quality” on every server… that should be in garry’s and other atention big time, because it directly affect game experience…

omg another one…

do you know there are other games and servers?
how the hell did you get that stupid idea?? admins and server owners are not hackers and cheaters… period…

i run few servers myself, one is racing game, other was bf4…
i paid for server myself, and that doesn’t mean i can give myself more grip in tyres, or more horsepowers… my only advantage could be that i put tracks and cars i prefer… and have completly and absolutely equal oportunities as every driver who come to drive on my server…

bf4 - you pay for server yourself… and what does that means according to your retarded logic? i can restart the match after my team loose? of course not… you cannot do anything to gameplay to give yourself advantage, exception again is preferred maps…
if you would do some kind of exploit in server as admin, you would get that server closed down next day…

your paralel with house is again stupid as your thinking that if you pay for something you can do whatever you want…

in fact, you even cannot paint your house wall (outside that is) in any color you want, but only those which are allowed in that region… and yeah - you paid your house, and you own your house… pls don’t be stupid and try to make some paralels which the funniest thing are wrong…

finally… constructive post…
exactly the way i’m thinking…
the difference between official and non official servers isn0t that that on unofficial server owners can do anything they want, but they can mod their servers and change whatever can be changed, as oposite to official servers where settings are “vannila” with minor differences…

once again - that is just wrong, and shouldn’t be that way…
there are so many games and nowhere you can do such drastic changes to fuck with players when things go south…

there are so many online games where you pay for server and you DON’T have right to do what you want… in fact you can do only so little…

you own server because you want to make game more as you like or if you that guy who get hard when there are many players on their server (which usually means they doing something right)…

you don’t own server to have advantage to other players… it’s damn cheating… and once again - it shouldn’t be possible here as isn’t possible in 95% of games on market or even history of online gaming…

I can agree with this to an extent. The trick is finding a server where admins don’t ABUSE the power they have. Easier said than done.
I rented a server because I was tired of seeing admin abuse on other private servers…or the admins would wipe the server because a couple players were butthurt about getting raided. You just need to find a server with fair admins that pay attention to the needs of the players and don’t abuse their powers.