Motion Capture Character Animations

I have full-body VR tracking so I can record character animations to import to source2/s&box.

I’ll be able to do stupid dances, animations for weapons/tools, and custom animations for NPCs.

I haven’t done anything yet, so here are the default dances Garry provided:

6 Likes

Do you accept requests?

3 Likes

Yes! I’ll do free requests for the first couple weeks while I figure it out.

3 Likes

Wonder if S&Box by itself will support full-body tracking.

3 Likes

Make him do the Fortnite dance haha

1 Like

Already done

Bonus from @Riddick and I

2 Likes

… Jojo torture dance
sorry…

1 Like

Man, people are already creating cosmetics.
Edit: Is that in the HL:A developer tools?

1 Like

I need to pull out my dual Kinect setup again, however for these characters I feel a more hand driven and cartoony animation would fit more.

1 Like

Hope you will make realistic animations in the future :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Maybe some MMD animations like they did in GMod with the “Custom Taunt” addon. I always liked messing around with them. :smiley:

1 Like

make garryspin but its actually terryspin

1 Like

@gvarados Do a wounded Get up from floor animation

1 Like

I’m figuring it out and getting it working. Here’s the first mocap I got working in Source 2. It’s a basic finger tracking test.
gif

5 Likes

woof woof

2 Likes

Test animation! I have to do face tracking next!

3 Likes

Good one!

A running slide would be really awesome to see although that seems a lot more complicated than what you’ve made so far.

Either way these are still pretty cool, and I’m very interested to see how these would work in the game itself.

1 Like

why

1 Like

Lol model sunk into the floor when getting up. It’s fixable but this isn’t bad for my 3rd-ish capture. I’ll get better over time.

1 Like

This model has wacky proportions which make it very hard to mocap. The best way to get better with this is through practice. Send me your animation ideas and I will make them.

2 Likes