Mouse feeling sucks!

On the legacy branch the mouse feeling is just perfect. Just like in counterstrike. On the experimental branch the mouse feels very laggy. The weapon sway does make it even worse.

snip wrong thread

Uhhhm… NO?

I don’t experience this.

Check youre mouse

My mouse is fine. The mouse feeling doesn’t feel as direct as it used to be in legacy branch.

It feels like mouse acceleration MAY have been added. I haven’t done any actual testing though.

edit: Just did some testing, there seems to be severe negative acceleration, which may be caused by movement limitations of some sort. If I flick my mouse across my mousepad (45cm) I can do about 360 degrees. If I do the same motion over the exact same distance, but slowly, I can do over 720 degrees. Although realism is important, this is one area where I believe shooting for gameplay is significantly more important and anything which effects your view movement should be removed or optional.

I really hope they fix that. Otherwise its unplayable for me.

I’m not a fan of how the whole experimental branche is ‘feeling’ at the moment. It just feels sluggish. But i’m sure they’ll figure it out. :slight_smile:

Sometimes, “mouse acceleration” can be a result of performance issues. If you aren’t reaching the benchmark for standard performance, you can as a result receive input lag that feels a lot like deceleration/acceleration. I get this in some games, and it disappeared when I upgraded my computer, or downed my graphical settings.

Payday and GTA have been the absolute worst for these, both of which have absolutely fine acceleration free (atleast as an option which I certainly confirmed before changing my performance) mouse input. I also see that Garry’s videos perform substantially better in the control department than I get in game, maybe I should stop forcing the game to play at 1080p w/ all the pretty stuff on my midtier graphics card :C

There seems to be severe negative acceleration, which may be caused by movement limitations of some sort. If I flick my mouse across my mousepad (45cm) I can do about 360 degrees. If I do the same motion over the exact same distance, but slowly, I can do over 720 degrees. Although realism is important, this is one area where I believe shooting for gameplay is significantly more important and anything which effects your view movement should be removed or optional.

BTW, I have a top tier gtx 770 graphics card and fps is no issue whatsoever.

Are the devs even reading here?