Moving Entity Question

I’m attempting to build a multilayer elevator and I need an entity that will move to a defined path_node when toggled.

For example, my elevator (Elevator_01 - Moving Entity) is 8 floors, if it’s at level 1 (Elevator_01_Floor_01 - Path_Node), and someone on level 6 presses the call button (Elevator_01_Floor_06_Call - Func_button), it will move directly to the 6th floor (Elevator_01_Floor_06 - Path_Node) and basically skip all the others.

Use func_movelinear and set the move distance to 1. SetPosition can then easily move the elevator to the height needed.

If I was on my Gaming computer, I would have great advice and could make a great tutorial. But, unfortunately, my motherboard fried and is being fixed. But when I get it back, I would love to help you.

GOD DAMN BIOS!
You beat me Terrenteller. Ninja’d

Okay, I didn’t know you could change the distance with toggles on those.
Thanks Terrenteller!

Wait… know that I think about it, that wouldn’t work.
It would work if it always started at a set floor but if it was a different floor it would move to far.
NEW PROBLEM!!*

EX: Say it’s a floor 1, the call button on floor 3 would need to move it up 256 units to get it to that floor, but because the button is set to move it 256 units in one direction then if it’s a floor 2 the call button on floor 3 would move it to floor 4 instead.

So is there a way to set how far it needs to travel, and in what direction, based on where the elevator is?

SetPosition should offset from the default position.

Another question, if I’m at floor 6 and I want to move to floor 1, will it move down, or continue to move up?

and Another, is there an entity that will consider with another one when inside of a certain range?
Like, two objects that trigger an event when they are in range of each other, like the magnetic keys on Little Big Planet?

Calling SetPosition with a parameter override of zero will return the func_movelinear to the default position.

Ok
and one last question, is there an entity that will coincide with another one when inside of a certain range?
Like, two objects that trigger an event when they are in range of each other, like the magnetic keys on Little Big Planet?

Ok, I have the buttons set up, but every time I click one, the elevator starts to go up and just keeps going until it hits the ceiling, although the button on the lobby floor (whose SetPosition is 0) works perfectly and brings it all the way down.

The others are set at intervals of 128 (the distance between each floor) and they all just send it strait to the top.

Help?