So I decided to make my own gamemode, but the ideas were so elaborate that I had to start somewhere. It seemed fitting that DarkRP needed a better doors system if I was going to use it as a base. So commence the overhaul of DarkRP, MudHut was born.
Here is a short video on current functionality, and I will speak below about more of my intended direction. A playable version should be available for download within the next couple weeks.
I will be posting development related articles more regularly here, along with images and more content.
The intent is to be able to add full functionality for job/team support and manage player territory better. Stop all that prop nonsense, set restrictions better, or just to have a decent property system.
- Easy editing and interface system
- Prop management system to exclusively restrict prop spawning to the properties and rooms you own (can extend ownership and build permissions to other players soon)
- Exclusive Draw Library, including font filters (the title texts you see)
- EntTouch client action mod. A new method of “USE” that allows you to stream action data from the client to the server, filter the action, and run a function at the end. (The menu that keeps popping up in the video, I will make a short video on this soon.)
- Incredible flexibility for players to set up their own properties and retain server set values (or to force server values on the player)
- Soon to be able to set default door values for map loadouts; such as autoclose, autolock, closedelay, model, skin, security ratings
So I had to rebuild one of the menus so that it only updates important information and that the panels don’t refresh if the new data isn’t pertaining to the property you are currently editing. Now multiple users are able to manage property systems at the same time with minimal fuss. The changes that were made also worked out a lot of lag issues with the menu refreshing. This project set me back a bit, but I am back on track to completing the alpha version. When I have a release date I will update the post with the correct information.
Went through a really bad breakup,
Took a break from Garry’s Mod to work on a web development project for a local business to pay the bills,
Back modding and probably giving this out for free when it is done.