Multi parent tool?

Hey facepunch

I’m making a huge boat and is there a tool to just like select all the props then right click and it parents it all together

any tool like this would also help

Thx in advance

Yes and No. When you parent two props together, the props clicked on after the first prop will not colide with ANYTHING, no world collision, and no player collision. So it’s best for details like on a car or maybe on a boat, that are not going to be touched by player or world.

But it is very good at reducing lag. I tend to make car contarptions, independent suspension, stearing, the works. When it comes down to the detailing i’ll use very small props and i’ll parent those props to the main body of the vehicle, instead of having all those props welded (my current project up to 242 props so far) would lag like crazy.

You’ll find it in this pack of tools

any tool that does the same as parent that still colides?

no, I dont think so. From what I understand, the way parenting works has to have it no collide.

what about parenting to a wire chip?

Parent to a wire chip (Like an arithmetic gate) and player collision remains.

but theres no more prop collision

He ain’t Jesus boy, we can’t do everything.

If that bothers you so much, just make a frame out of large props then make them invisible.

Where have I heard that before?

I was just saying that even though player collision remains theres no more prop collision.

where do you extract the tool pack

Addons folder

thank you :smiley:

THIS IS NOT A CONTRAPTION DON’T MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT. DO SOME SEARCHING FOR GODS SAKE BEFORE YOU ASK FOR IT!! Please…

I couldnt find the multi parent tool ANYWHERE. I ended up searching on google and this is the best link i was given.

its in the 2nd post

when i extract it to addons folder the tool doesnt show up in the tools list any troubleshooting tips

If trouble is you, aim the gun to your head and fire.
Should work, If not come to me and i’ll give you a hand.

are you a pedophile ?