Multiplayer crash in Evocity 2

So, i’ve played server with preps RP gamemode (or something like that) and map was Evocity 2(latest one)
I’ve played it while and started to lag, then it crashed. I tried again and i lowered my settings, lag and crashed again. Then i used GameBooster with lowest settings, super lag and crash again. This doesn’t happen in SP. I can play Evocity 2 with highest settings in singleplayer without crashes and big lags. What the hell is wrong? PS: i use that +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 command.

Here’s my specs:
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GS
System RAM: 3 gigabytes
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core processor 2.60 GHz

Please, i need help with this!

The only setting you really need to worry about is the Texture Detail setting. Me with my GTX 295 have to run it on medium to get some form of stability. Also, I’ma check out this gamebooster program.

I tried it again in that preps server… crashed again about 1-2 minutes later. Then i tried it in singleplayer, it worked like a charm?! What the hell?

Same thing happens to my brother, it’s really weird. He sometimes uses my computer, he tried Evo City on my computer (his Steam) it crashed, but on my computer with my Steam it doesn’t crash.

If you’re trying to join the PERP server, well: it’s because the gamemode takes up so much extra memory compared to you just running the map in sandbox.

Yeah, not to mention the Serious RP server itself has crashed alot recently. [This just happens to be the one the OP was connecting to]

Yeah, a few of my friends and I have this exact same problem, We’ve gone on SinglePlayer and nothing has happend but on a server, We crash within 5 minutes of being on. If ANYONE has a solution PLEASE HELP!

Probably there effects, that are causing you to crash.

I am having the same problem. Singpleplayer works, multiplayer does not.

Could it be the provider of the server?

It is the green gas station. I can noclip to every other part of the map except the green gas station. Once I go through the tunnel, I get hl2.exe has stopped working.

I have the exact same problem. It’s so weird.

My computer specs are:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768Mb
AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 Ghz
4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Windows 7 32-bit

some retard might be going into “the Cave”

How about you read the map name one more time to actually notice that its not evocity_2d its evocity2 we’re talking about. There’s no cave.

Yeah but give the guy a break, when people think evocity they think 2d because it was better. It was like the perfect map… then they discovered the cave glitch =(

Same exact thing happens to me.
As soon as I go through the tunnel exiting the city, leading to the gas station… crash
Any word on where there may be a possible fix?

EDIT: Found it!

http://www.facepunch.com/showpost.php?p=23812226&postcount=761

apparently, it has something to do with the gaspump model or something?