Multiple Server Instances - One Directory

I am trying to run multiple servers with different server.cfg files but running off the same directory to save space. For the time being, I am not worried about all of them having the same maps/addons/gamemodes, they’re all stock. I’ve been trying to launch them, specifying the server.cfg each time. FYI, I’m running this on a linux server. I launch them by running

/home/user/servers/base/orangebox/srcds_run -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 3 +map gm_flatgrass -port 27030 -autoupdate +exec /home/user/servers/test/server.cfg

I’ve also tried

/home/user/servers/base/orangebox/srcds_run -console -game garrysmod +maxplayers 3 +map gm_flatgrass -port 27030 -autoupdate +servercfgfile /home/user/servers/test/server.cfg

But each time I get

'/home/user/servers/test/server.cfg' not present; not executing.

“server.cfg” IS in the directory, and I’ve done “chmod 777” on the file to make sure it isn’t some weird permission error. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? This should work, unless it’s not possible with garrysmod servers.

Try placing the cfg files in the cfg directory, and then using the +exec switch.

It worked! Thank you!