MunSpeak - A TeamSpeak styled Voice addon.

Right now, this is a brutally simple addon that lets you create a /channel where anyone else that does /channel CHANNELNAME can join you, and only hear people in that channel over voice.
You can /leave to get back to the Default channel and thats pretty much it.

I will be making a little teamspeak styled UI and a password system, along with a few other channel related commands in the future.

Git: https://github.com/monkstick/MunSpeak
Zip: https://github.com/monkstick/MunSpeak/archive/master.zip
Svn: https://github.com/monkstick/MunSpeak.git/trunk

If there is anything you think this is missing, please inform me via the Issues in github, same for bugs.

Updates

[05/09/2013]
1: Can create admins (MunSpeak.CreateAdmin(ply,target)) – ply being the player trying to create a new admin
2: Can move players from one channel to another. MunSpeak.MovePlayer(ply,target,channel)
3: Can find players with a small string, MunSpeak.FindPlayer(target)
4: Channels are now saved and loaded from a json txt file MunSpeak.WriteTable() , MunSpeak.ReadTable()
5: Can delete a channel. MunSpeak.Delete(ply,Channel) – ply must be either ((MunSpeakChannels[Channel].Owner == ply:SteamID()) or ply:IsAdmin() or ply.MunSpeakAdmin)

(This update is NOT on github yet. I am just releasing this for information, so people don’t think it is dead. It is very much alive!)

[29/08/2013] (https://github.com/monkstick/MunSpeak/commit/573f8c6b06086512a250eec48e2fcd316c78ed3b)
1: Rewrote the channel structure, can now have passwords and owner of channels.
2: Start for a simple UI. So far has no controls, but you can see all channels and people in channels.
3: More efficient

Quick /command list
/createchannel Name Password (Password is optional)
/joinchannel Name Password (Leave password blank if there is no password)
/leave (Takes you back to the default channel)
/munspeak (Shows the GUI, alternatively, bind a key to munspeak in console)
/del Channel (Deletes a channel)
/move Player Channel (Moves a player from one channel to another)
/createadmin Player (Creates a MunSpeak admin)
/isadmin Player (Tells you if a player is a MunTalk admin or not)

Screenshots, for what its worth.
First shows me making a channel, and two people joining it.
Second shows the scoreboard mute status on everyone thats not in my channel
Third shows the UI So far (29/08/13)
Fourth shows all the CURRENT(29/08/2013) functions which anybody can use externally.

Nice idea - but I would like to see some screenshots.

There’s nothing that screenshots can show right now. He said he will be making UI later.

Try reading.

Try respect. I overread that.

I added two screenshots, just for you Freakyy

:rolleyes:

I wrote that thinking the UI was already done, thanks anyway.

Added the start for a UI, so far it will only show all the channels and people inside them. Will add controls for it tomorrow.

So far i’m thinking, Create channel, join channel by double clicking a channel, right click a player to mute,kick (if you are the channel owner), delete channel.

If theres any more controls anyone can think of, could you please post them, thanks!

Moving players (as admin / channel owner).
Groups (admin / channel owner / “operator” or something like this) with customizable permissions… This combined with ULX would be perfect.

Could you expand on the Ulx permissions? As in, You set a rank to be able to Moderate MunSpeak?

Yes, something like that.

Tell you what, just so you don’t HAVE to have ULX, I’ll make a check for ply.MunSpeakAdmin so if someone really wants to make Moderators for it, they could make a simple plugin. Also, I have no idea how to do anything for ULX. Theres very little documentation for it, and the docs I do find are lacking at best.

Good idea.

(You don’t really need ULX documentation, it’s open source…)

nice addon and nice addon name

You should add passwords for channel that could be added as a second argument. Something like /channel channelname password

Nice idea,

Will work well with the correct gamemodes

Already done! I shall release it on git tomorrow. “/addchannel Monksticl-Private Mypassword!”

Will you put this on the workshop so servers can receive instant updates?

yes I will. Took a break from the UI for now, as UI design gives me a headache. I shall start on it again pretty soon. As soon as I have a basic framework ready I will put it on the workshop, Ok? :]

Just commited a new update, https://github.com/monkstick/MunSpeak/commit/5ac45d1adc40dad4091231340d9b0882410c861d

There is currently one bug that I am aware of, which is players being called “nil”, but a refresh on the GUI fixes it.

The majority of this was a backend update, with support for moderation, but the moderation part only exists in text form at the moment im afraid.

Quick /command list
/createchannel Name Password (Password is optional)
/joinchannel Name Password (Leave password blank if there is no password)
/leave (Takes you back to the default channel)
/munspeak (Shows the GUI, alternatively, bind a key to munspeak in console)
/del Channel (Deletes a channel)
/move Player Channel (Moves a player from one channel to another)
/createadmin Player (Creates a MunSpeak admin)
/isadmin Player (Tells you if a player is a MunTalk admin or not)