Mutliple SRCDS Instances with their own Server.cfg Not working!

On my Ubuntu VPS, I’m running two GMod instances from the same srcds directory. One is sandbox, the other is DarkRP.

I want the sandbox to load the default server.cfg, and I want the DarkRP server to load a seperate server.cfg file (server1.cfg). When I try to add the +exec server1.cfg to the DarkRP startup command, it just ignores it. It ignores it even if I put the .cfg in the srcds_run directory. I’ve read a lot of differing, conflicting, and outdated information about how to do something like this but not a lot pertains to running two different servers with two different config files.

Can anyone tell me the correct way to use +exec or where to place the other server.cfg in the startup command so DarkRP uses the right cfg file? Thank you!

For reference here are the startup commands for each server:
sandbox:

screen -A -m -d -S sandbox ./srcds_run -game garrysmod +maxplayers 24 +map gm_construct +host_workshop_collection 260503847 -authkey *snip* +ip 192.241.223.158

darkrp:

screen -A -m -d -S darkrp ./srcds_run -game garrysmod -port 27016 +maxplayers  32 +map  rp_downtown_v4c_v2 +host_workshop_collection 260503847 -authkey *snip* +ip 192.241.223.158 +gamemode darkrp +exec server1.cfg

One other unrelated question: when a server has 0 players in it, it doesn’t seem to appear on the first page of the server browser? And if you search for it, it comes up greyed out? Or does it being greyed out have to do with me hosting two servers on one install for some reason? Before I added DarkRP my server pretty much always had a 5/5 rating for me, even with noone in it, now it’s 3/5.

Instead of the +exec thing do:

+servercfgfile "server1.cfg"

Server browser rating is based on playeramount, if you have the map or not, ping and if its passworded.

That worked. Thank you! And thanks for the information about the server rating, I was pretty sure it had something to do with that. I guess it also makes your server not appear in the browser if nobody is playing on it (makes sense).

I was expecting to have to do some tweaking and symlink creating to get the different scoreboard working the way I want as well, but it seems like it works fine without interfering with the sandbox one at all. That is awesome. This configuration is saving me a ton of HDD space! I guess the addons pay good attention to the game mode.

Thanks again.

Also remember that you can run “exec server.cfg” inside your server1.cfg to also run server.cfg, that way you can have all the basic stuff inside server.cfg and then the gamemode specific things in their own configs.