My crosshair is the letter Q...

As the title says my crosshair is the letter Q and the menu when I scroll that displays weapons has the icons as letters.

I deleted my garrysmod folder and it still showed up.

Addons:

Wire
PHX3
Propeller models
Smartsnap
And all the default content

Please help!

http://imgkk.com/i/9pbom0.png

Perhaps a screenshot would be more illuminating for us? And a list of your addons, if by chance you replaced them after reinstalling gmod.

Addons:

(Wire)
Adv Duplicator
Lua
Wire
Wire model pack 1

PHX3
Propeller models
Smartsnap
And all the default content

Ill work on getting a screenshot very soon.

Post specs.

Specs have nothing to do with it. Believe me I know.

Not entirely sure, but it might have something to do with the hl2 weapon fonts in half-life 2\hl2\resources. Did you ever modify your Half-life 2 game?

No. Not that I know of. But I will check out that folder.

Nope, that file is the default one.

Please tell me that you didn’t pirate “Gmod 11”
:ban:

Lol this is quite funny.

He didn’t pirate it. I’ve been his friend on GMod for a long time. Maybe it has to do with the fonts being deleted? What programs/addons have you installed recently?

I didn’t pirate it. I bought it and have had it for at least a year, never done this. And I haven’t installed anything recently.

This is really weird.

Clean GMod and try again?

Rename your garrysmod folder garrysmodold and then it should create a fresh install aswell as keeping your addons/maps/settings safe

You might want to verify the integrity of your Game Cache Files. When HL2 first came out, I had that problem and solved it by redownloading the content.

Ah thank you guys, I reinstalled Half Life 2 (just a precaution) and I renamed garrysmod to garrysmodold. I thought deleting all the stuff inside garrysmod could take care of it but I guess not.

oh, such a shame, you were blessed with an error like that. if it were me i would have kept it.

maybe garry thought that qrosshair was funny