My Custom TTT Sounds Won't Play



resource.AddFile("sound/ttt/tators.wav")
resource.AddFile("sound/ttt/roundstart.mp3")

local function PlayMusic(wintype)
   if wintype == WIN_INNOCENT then
      BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("ttt/thump01e.mp3")')
   else
      BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("ttt/tators.wav")')
   end
end
hook.Add("TTTEndRound", "MyMusic", PlayMusic)

local function PlayStartMusic()
if ROUND_BEGIN then
	BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("ttt/roundstart.mp3")')
end
hook.Add("TTTBeginRound", "MyStartMusic", PlayStartMusic)


That is the code for it. It is located in lua/autorun/server .

The sounds won’t play. I get no error also.

  1. .mp3s Wont play.

  2. Filepaths?

You’re missing an end.

Mp3s work fine for me, even default hl2 sounds use the mp3 extension occasionally.

-snip-

I use:

[lua]
BroadcastLua([[LocalPlayer():EmitSound(’]]… soundhere …[[’)]])
[/lua]

Well I fixed it but took out htat if statement so iwasnt missing the end

surface.PlaySound is better, imo

Personally, I’d use usermessages instead of BroadcastLua
[lua]–Server side
umsg.Start(“TTTPlayCustomSound”)
umsg.String( SoundPath )
umsg.End()

–Client Side
usermessage.Hook(“TTTPlayCustomSound”, function( um )
local str = um:ReadString()
surface.PlaySound( str )
end)[/lua]

But it shouldn’t make a real difference to functionality

As for the problem, if this code doesn’t work:
[lua]local function PlayMusic(wintype)
if wintype == WIN_INNOCENT then
BroadcastLua(‘surface.PlaySound(“ttt/thump01e.mp3”)’)
else
BroadcastLua(‘surface.PlaySound(“ttt/tators.wav”)’)
end
end
hook.Add(“TTTEndRound”, “MyMusic”, PlayMusic)

local function PlayStartMusic()
BroadcastLua(‘surface.PlaySound(“ttt/roundstart.mp3”)’)
end
hook.Add(“TTTBeginRound”, “MyStartMusic”, PlayStartMusic)[/lua]

First thing I’d look for is lua errors

Make sure there’s no client-side error saying you’re missing the sound, something along the lines of:
Failed to load sound “ttt/tators.wav”, file probably missing from disk/repository

If that shows, your clients aren’t downloading the sound properly, make sure it’s on your server, and your fastdl if you’re using one
If not, make sure your script is actually running
A simple msg like [lua]MsgN([[


A very obvious Msg! This script runs!


]])[/lua] should make it obvious

If you llook above i have fixed it xD