Let me start by saying, I get it. I can understand that this company is managed by 1 or 2 people who probably do this part time and instead of actually taking care of their business are out with their family or friends. But really? 33.5 hours and still no server after payment.
Here’s how this started:
1/10/14 - 11:55 pm
- Server was purchased and a confirmation email of payment was received.
- Email states “We have received your Rust Server order and it is being provisioned now. You should be receiving an email shortly with your game server panel login details this process can take up to 24 hours, however it usually it takes a few minutes.”
1/11/14 - 9:27 am
- After researching the company a little while I found a tweet from a customer asking when his server would be set up (2-3 hours after payment). His issue was resolved in 2 hours 47 minutes. See: https://twitter.com/MrWonanother/status/412344688243269632
- Decided to reply to the email/create a support ticket.
- That states “Will the server be set up soon? ‘Usually takes a few minutes’ - Not sure if that means it is automated or not, but if you could set this up for me that would be great.”
No response for quite a while so I:
- Posted a comment on their facebook status where another individual had his server issues taken care of (12 hours after payment). His issue was resolved in 1 hour 37 minutes. See: https://www.facebook.com/pages/HFBServers-LLC/499863956703238 (most recent status post).
- Emailed the owner/CEO of the company (email@example.com).
- Waited a very long time and got frustrated since I intended to spend my Saturday setting up my server and playing around on it.
1/11/14 - 7:22 pm
- Received a response to my support ticket, finally!!
- Response states: “Thank you for your order and your business. Unfortunately the location that you have selected during signup is currently sold out. We are currently bringing more machines online now to add more stock to this location but this will take at least 24 hours. If you would like we can have your server setup in a different nearby location instantly instead.”
My thoughts on this:
- Shouldn’t they have made an announcement somewhere on their website for this.
- Shouldn’t they temporarily remove the Los Angeles location I selected?
- Shouldn’t he set up a server at the nearest location anyway?
1/11/14 - 7:27 pm
- 5 minutes after they sent their response I state: “Yes, please set up my server, temporarily in a california or us west location and then move my server when my location is available. Also please consider the time I have lost and update my billing date.”
1/12/14 - 9:30 am
- 3 days / approximately 33.5 hours later, I’m posting on the Face Punch forums so that you all may know what the process is when ordering through HFB Servers. I will update you when this gets resolved and what the outcomes are, but if you’re interested in purchasing a Los Angeles server, don’t bother with this company, unless you’re going on vacation for a few days.