My first mapping relase

Hello! A friend of mine has suggested that I join these forums, he said it’s a good place for general discussion. The only downside he said was the banning. I hope that doesn’t happen.

I’ve had plenty of practice mapping, and I’ve been lurking for a small while now, as you can see, this is my first post, but it’s not my first map. The Map Pimpage WIP thread is a great resource for beginners and the likes.

Here’s a building that I’m finishing touching up:

Any suggestions?

First off, amazing job for a first map
The dustmotes could be a bit better,one of the supports looks really iffy, and the table is pretty blocky compared to the rest. But amazing job, great start. 9001x better than the rest of the first maps here at facepunch

Amazing. You should make the outside. Maybe Fallout 3 style!

The table is a prop,
“models/props_forest/table_shed”
If I’m correct

:smiley:

There is an outside

Just a wee bit shabby and blank

How are these dust motes?

Also, the player can fit in between the boards and the roof

Well what i meant by making the dustmotes better is only putting them where they would actually be seen in real life. like where light is coming in from a window

I’ve been mapping for a good 4 straight hours
I’ll finish it up tomorrow

That is very good.

Is it just me or is there a new dumbbot

Yea.

What’s a “Dumbbot”?

At first it was an image-exploit that rated every post dumb on the page, and every time someone loaded the page it would do it again.

Ouh… that sucks

Add an env_sprite glow to the lamps you have there. And make the light that emits from them less green.

There is no green, I had to choose the darkest dev texture to dim the point the light touches
Otherwise it would be pure white, throwing off the feel of the picture

They were supposed to be flame lamps, but the fire wont work. :frowning:

It’s not bad actually, especially for a first released map, keep up the good work my friend.

I’ve had the same issue with the env_fire entity. The reason why your fires cannot be small is because of the minimum fire size built into the entity: 32. I’ve attempted at creating a particle effect for small fires, but I can’t use the particle editor for the life of me.

good map :smiley: u have another map ??