My Garry's Mod Work

Howdy guys. I just figured I’d show some of the things I made for Helix on Garry’s Mod. First thing is a /viewdata command I wrote. The one included with regular HL2RP wasn’t great, so I made my own!

I also made an ID printing system for Helix. It’s used for a keycard reader system I’m making to lock doors to people with certain clearance levels. Since this, I’ve gotten that system mainly done, with the exception of just a few small bugs I need to iron out. I also made a separate entity to let you modify an ID, so you can change the name and clearance levels.

I also made a cooking system for helix, so you can carve dead Xenians and then put harvested meat on working ovens with sound. I would post a video, but that would be 5 minutes long. It makes sure nobody else is carving the xenian while you’re carving it, and makes sure it hasn’t already been carved.

Then I also made an ID printer. This is actually based off of something provided by default, I just modified it to give out items with specific data. So it reads an item with data on it, and then spits out an ID item.

I’ve also modified an existing crafting system to work off of attributes like Engineering and Fabrication, so you can only craft certain things with your attributes at certain levels, and then it increases the attributes that crafting recipe uses. I’ve got a bunch more stuff that I’ve worked on, but what do you guys think? Do you think these would be welcome in S&box?

6 Likes

Keep it up! Looks good!

1 Like

I’m glad to see people worried about hl2rp in s&box

1 Like

Thank you! I like HL2RP, I’ve been doing it for a while. I wouldn’t say it’s my priority to bring it in, there’s a lot of capabilities for what I could do, but I think it’d be a cool thing to work on. I’m a big fan of Half-Life, especially the HL2 Air Exchange-era beta.

1 Like

I’ve moved your thread to the Garry’s Mod section since it’s not really s&box related.

Some nice stuff though, always like to see what people come up with mechanics wise for roleplaying gamemodes.

1 Like

Me too, the hl2 beta looks way more dystopian in my opinion

1 Like