My hammer's views turned into weird lines

Yeah, my hammer is suddenly displaying this all the time:

http://www.cubeupload.com/files/2a3a00lines.png

I searched already, and people say I need to use Source engine 2009, but that didn’t fix the problem. Any ideas?

Hit CRTL+A. (Autosize four elements.)

Didn’t work…

-snip-

Looks like an incorrectly setup configuration. Reset game configs, this used to occur when you made a GMod config in the ep1 engine, probably a similar isue.

[editline]08:56PM[/editline]

Uhhh…

Perhaps you should learn to read/look too :slight_smile:

You should give yourself a book.

[editline]09:58PM[/editline]

Now I only have Portal and TF2 in Source Engine 2009…

Well that was very rude of me.

My apologies.

On the SDK, click “Edit Game Config.”, create a new one, name it Half Life 2: Episode 2 and navigate to your episode 2/ep2 folder (not your episode two folder - I made that mistake).

Still doesn’t work. Fucking Valve can’t do shit right :argh:

[editline]10:15PM[/editline]

With TF2, it works… :raise: but I need EP2 :argh:

Dlaor what are you doing in the mapping section? Don’t you have something to code right now. :v:

Make your way to your steam\steamapps\username\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\GameConfig.txt

"Configs"
{
	"Games"
	{
		"Portal"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\portal\portal"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\portal.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"16"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\portal\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_start"
				"BSP"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\portal"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk_content\portal\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\portal\portal\maps"
				"CordonTexture"		"tools	oolsskybox"
				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
			}
		}
		"Half-Life 2: Episode Two"
		{
			"GameDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\half-life 2 episode two\ep2"
			"hammer"
			{
				"GameData0"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\base.fgd"
				"GameData1"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\halflife2.fgd"
				"TextureFormat"		"5"
				"MapFormat"		"4"
				"DefaultTextureScale"		"0.250000"
				"DefaultLightmapScale"		"16"
				"GameExe"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\half-life 2 episode two\hl2.exe"
				"DefaultSolidEntity"		"func_detail"
				"DefaultPointEntity"		"info_player_start"
				"BSP"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vbsp.exe"
				"Vis"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vvis.exe"
				"Light"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\vrad.exe"
				"GameExeDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\half-life 2 episode two\"
				"MapDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\half-life 2 episode two\sourcesdk_content\ep2\mapsrc"
				"BSPDir"		"c:\program files\steam\steamapps\firegod522\half-life 2 episode two\ep2\maps"
				"CordonTexture"		"tools	oolsskybox"
				"MaterialExcludeCount"		"0"
			}
		}
	}
	"SDKVersion"		"4"
}

Just replace my name with Your steam name. And You might be missing tf2, but I’m sure you know how to add in bits of a .txt file.

[editline]03:36PM[/editline]

Also, make sure you have run ep2 on your comp since you have installed sdk just to make sure.

That’s what happens when you haven’t got the .fgd’s loaded. If it was the 2007/2009 issue there would be no lines at all.

Yeah, I’m making a new gamemode, but I need to make a map for it first… and I asked here since I figured out Hammer didn’t work! I’ll try your method now.

[editline]10:49PM[/editline]

You’re not gonna believe this… STILL BROKEN! :byodood:

Here’s the config now… (from Firegod’s txt file)

http://www.cubeupload.com/files/147200lines2.png

Honestly there should be a sticky about this problem, we get like 4-5 threads about this each day

Have you run ep2 recently?

No, but every time I start ep2 it verifies my game cache instead of running the game…

Do you have anything in your launch options?

[editline]10:19PM[/editline]

If not, try, if it’s possible, to launch from somewhere in your steam folder.

Only -developer.

Sign out and try deleting the clientregistry.blob file in your steam\ folder? That seems to fix alot of problems.

I don’t have an EXE in there because I also tried fixing the problem by deleting the episode 2 folder and letting it re-extract it from the GCF…

[editline]11:22PM[/editline]

Nevermind, trying to reboot steam.

[editline]11:28PM[/editline]

Here we go, 3375 files failed to validate and will be reacquired.

[editline]11:32PM[/editline]

Ok, I got EP2 to run, booted Hammer up, and everything fucking worked!!!! THANKS A TON!!! :buddy:

You’re welcome Dlaor. Got anymore questions, just come back here. :v:

You have a distracting Start orb D=