My little Tub / S&box Clone Thingy

I’ve been working on a fun little side project inspired by Tub and S&box.

First I started with the level and the character.

Then I got movement working.

And finally some destructible crates and a gun.

If you wanna watch progress you can either follow this thread or myself on Twitter
https://twitter.com/PapaBeefolini

13 Likes

Sure you’ve not already got s&box? :wink:
Looks awesome! Nice camera movement, looking forward to what you do with this.

2 Likes

As usual papa brick delivers

2 Likes

You wouldn’t happen to need any animations for your project?

1 Like

awoooooooooga

1 Like

Look at him go in his lil phoenix getup

1 Like

Facepunch, hire this man!

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong, but afaik he already worked on S&box once, when it was on UE4.

1 Like

Where did you get the citizen’s animations? The file everyone shares only has textures and models :pensive:

1 Like

Added walking, crouching, footsteps, and a physics gun.

9 Likes

Added walking, crouching, footsteps, and a physics gun.

Great progress! @PapaBrickolini :smile:

1 Like

Is this using Half-Life: Alyx?

1 Like

It’s using unity, he is using Tub assets

1 Like

Looks nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

cool cool cool!

1 Like

Is the running animation also from Tub? How did you extract it?

@PapaBrickolini

@PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini @PapaBrickolini

1 Like

No idea why, but I really like the idea of physics gun just being a CSS deagle colored blue.

1 Like

Added basic health/death and ragdolls.

I gotta say after using ModelDoc to edit and create ragdolls, Unity feels archaic in comparison.

4 Likes

Add snot farm next

1 Like

That’s great and all but… when am I buying you beer for that ragdoll tut?

Also, this is pretty fucking awesome. I really hope Garry grants you EA when sb is more ready.

1 Like