My model crashes everything I try to run it on.

Here’s the .qc.

I can also upload the .blend file if needed, but be wary- it’s an infamous ‘first project ever’ and houses many smoothing errors. It’s also kinda creepy looking.

EDIT:
I also used wunderboy’s GUIStudioMDL to compile it.

I had a similar problem: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1114766?highlight=

try addding IK. Had this problem once as well and someone recommended I do this. Fixed it.

Though it might also be crashing because you seem to be combining valve animations with a nonvalve skeleton. I don’t recall any COG bones being anywhere.

How do I add IK? I don’t know much qc code.
And APPARENTLY I FORGOT TO ADD $BODY
OKAY GONNA FIX IT
EDIT:
Alright, I added $body. But it still doesn’t work. Any ideas?
.
I also didn’t use the valve guide skeleton. I used armatures like the valve wiki told me to.
I guess that’s not right or something.
I added a COG because that’s what I thought the root bone was supposed to be.

I’m really sorry. . . But I read the title as “My model crashes everytime I try to turn it on”

On topic, what model are you working on? . . If I may ask, that is.

It’s an original character.
Well, original enough.
It looks like shit, but I’m going to remake the head once I get it all ingame and add jigglebones etcetera.

Well in that case the $includes you’re using might be what crashes the model. Since those refererence the valve biped and use the bones included in that.

Also one more thing - isn’t armature a blender specific term for skeleton?

As for the correct root bone.

A lot of games tend to have
Root>spine>spine upper>etc
Root>pelvis>legs

With the root bone not being rigged to anything at all.

Source on the other hand has the pelvis (usually) as the root bone and it has mesh rigged to it as well.

Anyway, I tried removing everything but CS_fix.mdl from the .qc, but it didn’t really fix it.
I’ll try a few things.
Thank you for helping!

EDIT:
Created command line: “D:\Applications\Video games\Valve\Steam\steamapps\aki44dgawa\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin\studiomdl.exe” -game “D:\applications\video games\valve\steam\steamapps\aki44dgawa\counter-strike source\cstrike” -makefile -nop4 -nox360 D:\Documents\Akigawa.qc

d:\documents\Akigawa.qc :
ERROR: d:\documents\Akigawa.qc(6): - missing all bones in file ‘Akigawa.smd’
ERROR: Aborted Processing on ‘Akigawa.mdl’
WARNING: Leaking 1 elements
This happens when I try to use a makefile.
EDIT 2:
Ah, I think I get it. I need to use a different SMD exporter 'cause the valve one’s probably broken. It didn’t export the armatures.