My server wont run

Well i just downloaded the HldsUpdateTool yesterday i downloaded it and all of the files and all that stuff and when i go to hit srcds.exe it just says

The procedure entry point ?GetCallParam@CWorkerThread@@QBEIXZ
could not be located in the dynamic link library tier0.dll

and THEN when i click ok i got to

Failed to load launcher DLL:
the specific procedure could not be found

so i have scoured all of the fourms on the web and have come up with no results nothing worked i replaced the tier0.dll several times and nothin reinstalled nothin contacted steam and sent out various other fourms and emails and nada so plz could sombody help me

PS:i have tried the one from the orangebox folder and even copied and pasted the tier0.dll into there all i get is

The procedure entry point TreadWaitForObjects could not be located
in the dynamic link library tier0.dll

then same as before

so if sombody could help it would be appreciated

PSS: i have vista all my specs r up to date no problems before this

(User was banned for this post ("Wrong Section" - UberMensch))

Who is the host?

He’s hosting it himself.

bump

Well there is the problem AND solution

Open up notepad or wordpad

Type this:

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes…
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_construct +maxplayers 4 -secure +fps_max 600 -tickrate 33
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds

Save the file as gmodserverstart.bat

Stick the .bat file in your gameserver folder.

Double click the .bat to start your server.

[editline]02:47PM[/editline]

“echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game garrysmod +map gm_construct +maxplayers 4 -secure +fps_max 600 -tickrate 33”

In this area, you can change the starting map, the number of players, VAC on/off, max server FPS, and/or tickrate.

Hope this helped.

it said

The procedure entry point TreadWaitForObjects could not be located
in the dynamic link library tier0.dll

then same as before

again

bump

I’m having the same problem. Just followed the gmod dedicated server wiki to a t and the exact same error came up :frowning:

exact same problem, seems to be happening to a lot of people, I’ve installed srcds several times before with no problem, now I’m trying to install it on a dedicated server via remote desktop control and when I try to start the server that exact error happens.
Halp.

bump

Try starting from the beginning. Follow these exactly:

Well i did all that didnt work it says cannot allocate hostip and when i try to fix it it says cannot allocate tvip

ok well i have managed to figure out how to get my friends to join but now i cant figure out how to be an admin on my server it wont let me use any of the ways ive found i have ulib and ulx btw