My Story (not long i swears (well, maybe))

Okay so about 195~ days ago, I got banned from rust. Now, as I haven’t played it since I don’t know what it is like now, but the game was FULL of hackers. And I’m talking about the flying @ 200mph killing everyone on the map with 1 bullet hackers. This made the game not very fun and a lot of times un-playable. So, I was searching around on the web for ways to help combat this issue other than the usual reporting that never seems to work, and I found this program. Basically, it was a little mini-map/compass that would show where people were as a little dot. I thought to myself, great! Now I can see where the hackers are and steer clear. The program was just a program that looked like a picture with little moving dots on it. It was never like, an esp that outlined everyone in game or anything. As I didn’t inject anything or modify game files, it never really occurred to me that it would be considered hacking, and well, I was wrong. I got VAC banned and that was that. Now, you are probably asking “why the fuq is he posting all this” well, it’s because I was my friend who still plays brought it and and we were talking and he said there aren’t as many hackers as before. If this is true, I would like to somehow (if possible) appeal my ban or something. If valve or facepunch care (wishful thinking right there to be sure), they would see I wasn’t doing any malicious cheating or hacking. I was just wanting to play the game without getting murdered by hackers all the time. Although, if the game is still full of no-clippers and aimbots, I’m not sure if I want to play again. That’s it folks, if you made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read my story. Peace :smiley:

no-one here can get rid of your vac ban.

and yes, using a map like that downloaded from the internet counts as cheating.

I’m not denying that it’s a cheat. The only reason I’m posting it here was because I don’t know if there’s a better way to get in touch with a facepunch gm or someone like that.

I know like 2 people who had the same issue as you, but sadly, it is a cheat. It gives you an advantage over other players unfairly (it’s literally just an aerial ESP), and it does do something with your game files clearly if VAC detects it.
Facepunch does not appeal or deal with VAC bans, no one here can, contact steam support.

As cute as the story is :smiley: it will never work, the only way to get back into the game is to get the game again and about the cheaters, if you find a good server you barely encounter any at all, you should’ve just searched for it.

all the help you need is right here.

Lol @ the fact you’re trying to be a smart-ass.

actually (despite the delivery) he gave you the best outlet for this issue. steam support, who are responsible for VAC, who do not give details of the cheats detected, or uplift bans. Facepunch has nothing to do with it, and will do nothing about it.

VAC = Valve Anti Cheat

VALVE

that means the company VALVE is responsible, not facepunch.

if you would read the damn link you would see that its an automated program that has nothing to do with this forum or the makers of rust.

:downs::suicide:

So youre telling us youre playing on a Server with Many hackers and youre encountering them with
an “Weak ESP”.

Ever heard of: Change the dumbass server? :smiley: