Navigation Mesh taking unnaturally long time to form.

Hey guys, I started mapping a few weeks ago and in the duration I have made my “first” real map for CSS. (It’s for my Clan’s ZRiot server)

Right now, it’s in beta stage, and nothing else needs to be added so I’m just stamping out the bugs and one thing that’s always been puzzling me is how long it takes to build the navigation mesh. It takes an unnatural time of 20-40 minutes, so what could be the cause of this?

Thanks!

I’ve never mapped for CS:S, but from navmesh experience from L4D2, Things that usually increase their generation time are walkable displacements, uneven surfaces, complex intersections or multiple paths that cross over.

Don’t use the automatic one that goes when you add bots, it does a horrible job anyway. Learn to do the navmeshing using the commands and it’ll be quicker and the AI will be smarter.

Automatically generates one when you first load the map, you can’t do much about it, but I agree editing it by hand will improve it no end if you know what you are doing.

The navmesh system pre L4D2 is pretty slow. You’ll just have to live with it.

So the only way to reduce the time it takes to create the Nav mesh is reducing the map size?

I don’t think I want to take on learning how to make one myself, considering I just got INTO mapping…