Need a detailed guide to download maps and addons

I just bought gmod, I’ve already had to borrow someones computer to play it and now im having problems getting addons and maps. I’ve watched at least 40 walkthroughs none of which are helpful in any way. I run vista and use bittorent. I need someone to walk me through just so I know what i’m doing wrong, my apologies if I sound a little pissed, but I’ve been trying this for like a week.

(Sorry admin if this is a troll)

Bascialy if you want a map you take the (mapnamehere).bsp file then export it into you steamapps(yourusername)\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps folder
If you want to add an addon is goes steamapps(yourusername)\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons folder

okay… what do you mean by export? copy and paste? Im kinda new to changing files in any way…

1st. Download map or file with the .bsp ( for maps ) .

2nd. ( If map . ) put it into a folder called steamapps(yourusername)\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps folder… It will either appear in new game or something like that.

3rd. ( For addons ). If in addon format. ( On the page where you download it will usually say so… ) put that addon into your addon folder steamapps(yourusername)\garrysmod\garrysmod\addon

( If you can’t find map and you listened to instructions…) Go to options ( in-game ) click on keyboard…then advanced and click on Developer consul. Then press the ` or ~ key on your keyboard. This will bring up the consul menu. Type in *maps …and all your maps will appear. Copy the map you want, then type in map urmapname.bsp

And when the guy said export he means download the file, extract, whatever and the copy and paste it into the defined folders! :clint:

alright, trying it now.

Good luck! And god speed! :keke:

…are you magic?

seriously thanks, idk what I was doing wrong but it works now, thank you both.

They call me magic :buddy:

JK , but your welcome! :toot: