I have managed to figure out/fix most of the issues I have found on my TTT servers since the update but I honestly don’t know where to start on one issue. Certain players see other players as invisible at times. I believe this may be one of my addons interfering with the update and here are the facts on the issue:
- It happens regardless of the map
- It happens with any player models custom or generic
- There is no pattern as to how many players or which players see the models as invisible- it can be one player one or many
- The invisible player can change his model to try to fix it but is still invisible to some
- Clients who see others as invisible can quit and rejoin but it doesnt fix the issue
- I get no errors at all when it happens, either server-side or client-side
Here is why I am having trouble tackling the issue. I have 60+ addons. The problem is not replicable. So I can’t do the usual “delete one addon at a time and see if it fixes the issue” because it is random which clients can’t see which players. Meaning I can delete one addon but then the only way to test is to let folks play on the server for a while and guess if any players saw invisible models, and then hope I was on the server when it happened and then hope they mention it.
So my question is - what do I look for in an addon that might be causing this so I can narrow it down to the culprit addon? Are there certain functions within the code that I should look for? I have searched this site and BadKing’s site but can’t seem to find the answer. Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated!