Need feedback & advice.

So I’ve started to to try mapping for TF2. But I’m a newbie at it, not really know of how to detail buildings or look like the TF2 style. So I’m asking here, I have this picture so far. I don’t know what else to add or how to detail the building that much.

i think the skybox needs to fit with the textures better like a tf2 like skybox. Thats all i can say. and a little more lighting.

Firstly, the textures on vertical wood beams could be aligned, look which direction wood goes on actual wood beams.
Second, with the exception of nighttime maps, TF2 is much brighter. Try setting the brightness above 600, and the ambient above 175. (in TF2 you cannot use a flashlight, so you want the player to be able to see everything)
Third, though obvious, TF2 always uses western American architecture, from the late 1800’s to early 1900’s.
Fourth, Either the cliffs are too high, or could be less flat. Try getting a steps look, with each about 128 to 256 units high.
Fifth, use building gutters, lights, decals/overlays, signs and ground markings such as arrows. I don’t know what this building is, but could probably use a chimney or antenna.
Sixth, use a nicer sky texture. A TF2 sky would be a great place to start…

Other than that, you have the basics down and don’t have to go too far to make it look nice.

Thanks, I’m not that well with lightning yet. Plus, I’m trying to see what else I can do to make the building look a bit more TF2-ish. Also, it’s the spawn room.