Need help for Cannon Fodder's studiocomplier

Hello and thank you for your time. I am having a problem compiling this smd to mdl. I am new to this program and i was getting bad command errors. Heres the code that is in the qc file. Or if u guys can point me to a good tutorial the one on cannon’s site didn’t help or this one. http://www.jaanus.cc/flash/tutorial.html

$cd “C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\models_smd”
$modelname “anubis\anubis.mdl”
$model “studio” “anubis.smd”
$cdmaterials “materials\freelancer\anubis”
$hboxset “default”
$hbox 0 “static_prop” -277.295 -302.513 -123.666 314.562 302.689 192.194
// Model uses material “elite.vmt”
// Model uses material “grill.vmt”
// Model uses material “plate.vmt”
// Model uses material “metal.vmt”
// Model uses material “glass.vmt”
// Model uses material “lib.vmt”
$surfaceprop “metal”
$keyvalues { prop_data { “base” “Metal.large” } }
$illumposition 18.633 0.088 34.264
$sequence idle “idle” fps 1.00
$collisionmodel “phymodel.smd” {

$mass 2000.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00

}

Any help would be appreciated.

have you tried to decompile a model that has simmilar feature to the one you try to compile and look at it’s .qc ?

Yes i did i used the one it gave me when i decompiled it to scale it down. This is my first time using compiler.

Well

What was the error?

Its called bad command error. Im guessing its because i did something wrong in the qc, but i do not know wat.

It tells you what the bad command is and what line it is on…

Better yet, switch to GUIStudioMDL it’s much more error-fix friendly.

I couldn’t get the guistudiomdl paths to work. Also i don’t think i saw anything that says wat line ill check again later when i get home.

$hbox 0 "static_prop" -277.295 -302.513 -123.666 314.562 302.689 192.194

I don’t like that line, try removing it ^^ (as it wont work unless your model has a bone called “static_prop”)

Also try using a .bat i’ve found it much easier to compile using them than even drag and drop to a shortcut of studiomdl (which was much easier than the other compilers anyway).

studiomdl.exe -orangebox -noxbox anubis.qc

If your qc is called anubis.qc use that if not use what its actually called. Save this file as a .bat file and double click it and it will run. Note you will need to make any folders the model will need to go into in your garrysmod/garrysmod/models folder in your case: garrysmod/garrysmod/models/anubis

im not sure if the .bat file worked does it send it like $cd “C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\models_smd”
$modelname “anubis\anubis.mdl”
did it put it into the folder anubis in models_smd

Yea just save the .bat into the same folder as the qc and double click it (the .bat file).

Like i used it but i don’t see where it is. Is it possible if u can give me a basic template on what to do for each command. Also a friend of mine is having trouble linking a vtf to the model.