Need help setting up some things on new Xenon server

Ok so I purchased a 28 slot server from Xenon yesterday to play TTT. I figured out the basics with setting up the server, like name, admins and all that, however I can’t for the life of me find out how to install Maps or Addons easily. I’m very new to this sort of thing, however I have been researching and looking everywhere and can’t find what I’m looking for. Also, in an attempt to try to get new maps, I tried downloading them from garrysmod.org http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=132345 for example, and can’t get the actual files. I would greatly appreciate help, and sorry that im a noob at this :confused:

Help & Support
If you’re having problems PLAYING GMod then this is the place for you.

Need reading glasses? Whatever server you are trying to make, I can tell you straight off: you are going to fail. Seeing as you are even too impaired to post in the right section.

St3fz0rtj3, are you just going around being an idiot in general? People ask for help and support with hosting Gmod servers here all the time. It’s perfectly acceptable and going around spamming this in every thread is laughable.

Anyway, OP, your first thing that you are going to need is an FTP client. I suggest Filezilla. Once you download that, you’re going to need to put the information your server host gives you into Filezilla to access your server files. Once you do that, hopefully the rest should be clear to you.

With the downloading from garrysmod.org, all you have to do is download the file and extract it somewhere and you have the files you need. For maps, all you have to do is put them into the maps folder on your FTP client once you have that set up.

If you think being an inconsiderate dickhead who is participating in the flooding of wrong board, is acceptable; fine.

If someone is dumb enough not to actually flippin read the undertitle on a board, heck why would I bother helping them with their problem. They’ll just run into the next obvious thing two minutes later, for the simple reason he doesn’t know how to read.

Ok thank you very much for your help Splittykitty, and sorry if I did make this in the wrong area…

You didn’t, the guy was already banned for being unhelpful and rude. :slight_smile:

If you need any more help, go ahead and post here or make another thread, or message me on Steam. I’ll be glad to help. ^^