Need help with making a model hollow. And problem with texture.

I created my solocup, Now I want to know how to make the inside hollow for other objects or players to go inside of the cup.
At the moment the collision model shows a mesh on top of the cup.

Oh and another thing why does my texture show up through brushes?

Please help me. I would be greatful. :smiley:

You need to make the phymodel out of single ‘boxes’ that go around in a circle. In other words, you need to replicate the wanted shape of the phymodel with boxes, can’t just export the reference as phymodel that works like you pictured.

I dont understand. I did what you said but in the compile it keeps saying coverting to single.

C:\Users\embit_000\Desktop\solocup rying>echo off
WARNING: AppFramework : Unable to load module p4lib.dll!
qdir: “c:\users\embit_000\desktop\solocup rying”
gamedir: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2”
g_path: “C:\Users\embit_000\Desktop\solocup rying\compile.qc”
Building binary model files…
Working on “compile.qc”
SMD MODEL reference.smd
SMD MODEL idle.smd
SMD MODEL phys.smd
WARNING: Ignoring option $autocenter. Only supported on $staticprop models!!!
WARNING: Model has 2-dimensional geometry (less than 0.500 inches thick on any a
xis)!!!
WARNING: Model has 2-dimensional geometry (less than 0.500 inches thick on any a
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
xis)!!!
WARNING: Error with convex elements of phys.smd, building single convex!!!
Model has 9 convex sub-parts
Collision model completed.

writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\models/sol
ocup\solocup.mdl:
bones 964 bytes (1)
animation x y ips angle
@idle 0.00 0.00 : 1.#J ( 90.00) 0.0
animations 124 bytes (1 anims) (1 frames) [0:00]
sequences 220 bytes (1 seq)
ik/pose 164 bytes
eyeballs 0 bytes (0 eyeballs)
flexes 0 bytes (0 flexes)
textures 136 bytes
keyvalues 0 bytes
bone transforms 0 bytes
bone flex driver 0 bytes
Collision model volume 462055.41 in^3
collision 0 bytes
total 1944

writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\half-life 2\hl2\models/sol
ocup\solocup.vvd:
vertices 1954368 bytes (40716 vertices)
tangents 651456 bytes (40716 vertices)
total 2605888 bytes

Generating optimized mesh “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\half-li
fe 2\hl2\models/solocup\solocup.sw.vtx”:

As I’ve said in another thread “You need to make the concave piece into a bunch of convex pieces then put different smoothing groups on the parts, then compile with $concave and -fullcollide.”. You should also reduce the density of the collision mesh a little.

Should I use a different program other than milkshape?

I make the model in C4D then import it to Milkshape as a OBJ and then export as SMD’s. Should I use a different program for the Collision?

As long as you can smooth the parts on different groups it will work.