Need help with model installation/extraction

Okay, I may come off as some stupid fuck but I just want a simple answer to as simple question:

Where do I extract models after I have downloaded them?

Some people said the garrysmod/garrysmod folder but it doesn’t work. Only some models appear and others are invisible or error signs.

I tried extracting some of them to the models folder but that doesn’t work either.

Help would be awesome.

Thanks,

- James

If your folder (after you’ve extracted it from zip/rar/7z ect) has a materials folder and a models folder in it copy them into your garrysmod/garrysmod folder and accept anything that asks to murge folders. If your folder also has a text file called info in it, you must move the whole folder into your garrysmod/garrysmod/addons folder.

If the models are invisible they are most likely broken and its got nothing to do with what you’ve done with them, if they have pink and black textures you haven’t put the materials folder in the right place and if they are an error sign on the spawnlist, you’ve either put the models folder in the wrong place or someone has screwed up on making the spawnlist.

If the model is an error sign on a weapon or entity your either missing the model or whoever coded it screwed up on the model path and if the model spawns as an error sign theres something seriously wrong with it as I don’t think i’ve ever seen that.

Wow, really appreciate the help. Thanks!

np ^^