Need help with my custom material.

I really need some help with a custom material. Here’s what I did so far:

-Got VTF Edit.
-Extracted a Source GCF file for stock textures.
-Moved a VMT called tilefloor012b.vmt to Half-Life 2 Episode two\ep2\materials, this folder I made myself because it wasn’t there in the first place.
-Created a new VTF in VTFEdit and saved it in the same place, called tilefloor_shiny_012b and renamed the VMF to match it.

-I wrote this code in the VTF:

"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	$basetexture 	ilefloor_shiny012b
	$surfaceprop tile
	$envmap env_cubemap
}

I wanted to add a reflection so that it would be a marble liked reflective floor.

Here’s my problem:

-In Hammer, I can see my material, and apply it to a brush. I can see the basetexture tilefloor and the environment reflection.
-When I start Ep2, it shows as a black/purple squared block.
-When I run ‘buildcubemaps’ in console, it runs, but the problem stays.
-When I create a new folder in the materials folder called ‘Custom’ and change the VTF so that the basetexture links to that folder, I get a black/purple squared block, but with a environment reflection.

What am I doing wrong?

Try it like this;

"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "tilefloor_shiny012b"
	"$surfaceprop" "tile"
	"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
       }

It came up perfectly in Hammer, but in Episode 2, no such luck. Black/purple blocks, no cubemap, not even after build.

What folder did you put the actual texture in?

Make sure you have cubemaps in your level, try tieing one to the floor texture.

steamapps\sweetswifter\Half-Life 2 Episode 2\ep2\materials

[editline]04:55PM[/editline]

Added an env_cubemap from the start, and tied all the faces of the inside of the small test room I built, including one skybox face.

I tried moving my custom materials to garrysmod/garrysmod/materials, and they worked in Gmod.

Strangely, my material didn’t have that nice reflection I wanted. Does anyone know how to get a mirror shine? Like a perfect reflection like marble?