Need help with some custom pointshop accessories

Was working on some silly things to add to my pointshop on my server and came across some problems. I have added a medpack that one can wear on their back, and I’m looking to have it so that wearer of the backpack has either a bit of extra starting health (shown code attempt) or has a slight health regeneration over time (tried multiple times, gave up, deleted it). Can anyone take a look and see what’s wrong?

ITEM.Name = 'Medpack'
ITEM.Price = 7500
ITEM.Model = 'models/Items/HealthKit.mdl'
ITEM.Bone = 'ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine2'

function ITEM:OnEquip(ply, modifications)
	ply:PS_AddClientsideModel(self.ID)
end

function ITEM:OnHolster(ply)
	ply:PS_RemoveClientsideModel(self.ID)
end

function ITEM:ModifyClientsideModel(ply, model, pos, ang)
	model:SetModelScale(0.8, 0)
	pos = pos + (ang:Right() * 5) + (ang:Up() * 6) + (ang:Forward() * 2)

return model, pos, ang
end

function ITEM:Think(ply, modifications)
	if ply:Alive then
		ply:SetMaxHealth(110)
	end
end

The error I’m getting is

[ERROR] addons/pointshop-master/lua/items/accessories/medpack.lua:22: function arguments expected near 'then'
  1. unknown - addons/pointshop-master/lua/items/accessories/medpack.lua:0

I’m rather new to lua, so I understand at least the location where the error is near, but can’t exactly find the error itself. If someone could lead me to fix it, or help me out instead with the regeneration pathway I really wanted to take instead, that’d be great :confused:

if ply:Alive() then
ply:SetHealth(110)
end

That would set their current health consistently, pretty much making them invulnerable… I only want their max health to be higher.

To solve the error you’re getting, you need to add parenthesis to the Alive.

So it’s if ply:Alive( ) then…

Usually a period represents a variable, or accessor. A colon usually represents a function call and function calls require parenthesis.

The error says function arguments expected near then. That basically says you’re not calling a function as it should be, there are no parenthesis there which would contain arguments.